Archived Newbie. A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

New here. Just a few questions.

So I was hired as a softlines brand sales team member. What exactly is the difference between this and sales floor team member?

Dresscode. The only red shirt I have is a male xs v-cut tee from H&M. Is this fine? Or does target only want crew neck? Also when it comes to chinos, are chino coloured jeans acceptable or do I have to have actual chinos? Any regulations when it comes to shoe colour?

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to The Break Room.

Softlines means you will be working with clothing, shoes, and jewelry.
It depends on your store.
Some stores are pretty easy going about uniforms even allowing red Tshirts and khaki jeans while others are more strict.
There are no rules about shoes except no open toes.
I recommend anything that won't hurt after a full shift on your feet.

Welcome

Softlines and Hardlines TM are both Salesfloor TMs. Softlines covers all the carpeted areas (possibly cosmetics as well depending on your store). Hardlines cover all the hard tile areas (electronics, market, seasonal, toys...).

Uniforms. It really depends on your store. Some stores are relax and allow just any red shirt/Target Brand shirt and khakis. Others have been more strict requiring collared to only button up dress red shirts. Some stores allow Food Ave, Cart attendants, and Backroom/Flow to wear T-shirts as these are the most dirty and sweaty work centers.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I quickly figured out what softlines is, but this whole brand team member vs. sales floor team member is blowing me. From what I've read it's an Assistant TL, but at other places there is no brand team member. Confusing.

Brand is supposed to be more focused towards the department (shoes, jewelry, makeup, etc) with time scheduled for just that purpose.
Doesn't always work that way.

So when it comes to responsibilites, hours, etc there isnt that much of a difference between brand and team member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back