Archived Newbie here with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

defang

Self Checkout's Worst Nightmare
So my first shift as a cashier is tomorrow. Yay? Anyways, I have a few general questions:

1) How early or late should I be there to clock in? I don't know if they won't let me clock in before my shift starts or not...

2) Obviously, it's training. I have a lesson plan or something and I was wondering whether or not I should bring it or if they would have a copy.

3) What do I do with the plan? Do I just give it to my trainer? Do they give it back at the end of my shift?

Thanks in advance.

1) Get there at least 10 minutes before shift start. HR may have last-minute paperwork to go over. You won't be able to clock in until you're entered into the system so they'll probably have you fill out a punch correction form. Leave it with HR.

2) Bring your lesson plan if you have it. Your trainer may use it to sign off on as you complete various stages of your training.

3) If they have one for you already, keep yours.

Didn't know about the 5 minute thing. Thanks everyone!

1. You can punch in 5 minutes before your scheduled shift. If you try any earlier it will reject you. I recommend taking advantage of this, like barcode mentioned.
It's an easy way to add time to your hours. Punching out on time is very important, don't stay any longer than you have to, or you will get in trouble. Make sure to stay under 40 hours, overtime is frowned upon.

2.Your HR should have the copy of your training plan in the TMSC office. If you brought it home, simply take it with you to the store and leave it there.

3.You hold on to the plan and have your trainer go through it. The trainer will check off whatever they went over with you. Make sure you get the plan back at the end of your shift, and put it away in the office, or wherever they keep them at your store. You don't want to lose it!

Welcome and good luck!

greetings and salutations.
Welcome to the Break Room.

Wow!!! Thank you so much everyone! You guys are lifesavers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back