Archived Newbie Question: A and D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fumbling

Salesfloor Switch Hitter
So I've just started working at Target as a sales floor associate, today was my second day of training (my first day was softlines, my second was hardlines) and I've just about got the gist of things. My trainers were really helpful and answered all of my questions but since I was so focused on taking in everything I was being taught and making sure I didn't do things incorrectly, I forgot to ask this question.

Over the walkie talkies I've heard the LOD and ETL mentioning that team members were needed at A&D but I have no idea what that is. Can anyone tell me what it means or what department it is? (I'm assuming it's a department if TM's are supposed to go there)

Or am I maybe mishearing this and it's something entirely different?
Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Over the walkie talkies I've heard the LOD and ETL mentioning that team members were needed at A&D but I have no idea what that is. Can anyone tell me what it means or what department it is? (I'm assuming it's a department if TM's are supposed to go there)

There's an entire department that only sells A+D ointment.

Lol I'm just kidding. In hardlines, we sometimes refer to departments by the letters that precede the aisle numbers. For example, E block refers to toys and sporting goods because the aisle numbers in those departments begin with E at my store. Softlines doesn't do this because only shoes and infant hardlines have actual aisles.

Like @mrknownothing said, it refers sometimes to a department. My store uses them if they are asking if anyone in a certain department can do something ("Anyone available in E block to take a call on 34?") or when pointing guests to a certain area of the store ("Go over to the D aisles our housewares department, go all the way down and turn left") Softlines has some sixth sense for locating things amongst themselves at my store that is not understood unless you're in softlines, which I'm not, so I can't give advice there.

Like @mrknownothing said, it refers sometimes to a department. My store uses them if they are asking if anyone in a certain department can do something ("Anyone available in E block to take a call on 34?") or when pointing guests to a certain area of the store ("Go over to the D aisles our housewares department, go all the way down and turn left") Softlines has some sixth sense for locating things amongst themselves at my store that is not understood unless you're in softlines, which I'm not, so I can't give advice there.
You got that right! They just go over and pop on the table or convertible and I'm still looking and have been for 30 minutes!

Ah, I see. Thanks for your responses and clarification! I almost always hear those two getting called for together over the walkies and just figured they were one entity.

Though I can say when I did my training in softlines I was a little wowed with how well my trainer knew exactly where everything was at, even if it wasn't in the section we were working. I suppose rotating through those sections for so long kind of gives you that ability though :p

Wait , aren't you suppose to walk the guest to the product?

I've noticed that Softlines is always laid out the same way - by brand - so whenever I go out of town for vacation or am off for more than a couple days and we have new products, I can relearn the locations easily. It also helps that we're removing a few brands so the sections are getting smaller & smaller. :p

That posting was from 3 years ago. Before spot said to do that action.
Ah, I remember when that was implemented. I thought it was funny because I have done that my whole time while working at Spot. My second retail job required us to walk the customer to the item, if they requested a specific one, and put it in their hand. Didn't want to get points marked off on the secret shopper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back