Archived Newbie with a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have decided to break confidentiality and tell you the truth...

Each region has a secret underground facility whose sole purpose is to do the schedule for each store. They have sophisticated technology that not only tracks everything that you do when you walk in the front door, but after you leave as well. Each team member starts with the company at a base score depending on your background and your interview scores. The base score is what determines how many hours you are scheduled. The software uses the stores cameras with facial recognition software to follow your actions on the floor. Every time it sees you help a little old lady reach something off of the top shelf, your base score raises. If you walk by a guest without asking "CIHYFS" your base score lowers. This same technology is tapped into a huge network of cameras outside the store too. They are watching you at the convenience store, the ATM, and also at traffic cameras. Every action you take will be recorded and used to calculate your base score. The higher your base score is, the more hours you will get. It's the secret underground lab's job to analyze this data to make the schedule.
The great thing about this program is that every person employed at these facilities has been test tube babies made from the genetically altered DNA of our companies most successful leaders. They are sworn to secrecy from birth. They only work a contract until they are 25 years old, then they are shipped off to a remote luxurious island to live out the rest of their days sipping drinks and reading "50 shades of grey".
I hope you're happy, you have finally broken me. The team is probably on their way to apprehend me even as I am typing this since their software can watch me with my own webcam. Just remember the next time you are at a gas station buying coffee and doughnuts that your base score will raise if you opt for a cup of fruit instead of those fatty doughnuts, so ask yourself "Do I want more hours???".

for shame! now everyone will know!

Who would've thought eating donuts at my other job every other Friday would be the reason why my hours have been getting cut...

Ok, I have decided to break confidentiality and tell you the truth...

Each region has a secret underground facility whose sole purpose is to do the schedule for each store. They have sophisticated technology that not only tracks everything that you do when you walk in the front door, but after you leave as well. Each team member starts with the company at a base score depending on your background and your interview scores. The base score is what determines how many hours you are scheduled. The software uses the stores cameras with facial recognition software to follow your actions on the floor. Every time it sees you help a little old lady reach something off of the top shelf, your base score raises. If you walk by a guest without asking "CIHYFS" your base score lowers. This same technology is tapped into a huge network of cameras outside the store too. They are watching you at the convenience store, the ATM, and also at traffic cameras. Every action you take will be recorded and used to calculate your base score. The higher your base score is, the more hours you will get. It's the secret underground lab's job to analyze this data to make the schedule.
The great thing about this program is that every person employed at these facilities has been test tube babies made from the genetically altered DNA of our companies most successful leaders. They are sworn to secrecy from birth. They only work a contract until they are 25 years old, then they are shipped off to a remote luxurious island to live out the rest of their days sipping drinks and reading "50 shades of grey".
I hope you're happy, you have finally broken me. The team is probably on their way to apprehend me even as I am typing this since their software can watch me with my own webcam. Just remember the next time you are at a gas station buying coffee and doughnuts that your base score will raise if you opt for a cup of fruit instead of those fatty doughnuts, so ask yourself "Do I want more hours???".

I call BS

interesting thoughts. my store is super low volume so we probably don't even have to worry about the business need much at all its mostly just availability.

Hate to break it to you, but the truth is more terrible than all the secrets.

Target uses poor statistics based on previous years sales and a couple other modifiers (one being call buttons I believe, etc) to dictate how many hours per week the store should be utilizing. Mind you, this is gross hours. then Max generates these hours, in conjunction with previous density of sales, trying to predict when the 'busy' times are.

Then people come in and **** up the process by tweaking. Because, you know, things aren't THAT cyclical despite statistics showing people are pretty predictable to a margin.

It's the same crap wal-mart and every other retailer that makes more than upteenth billion dollars per year uses. It's terrible, and the closest thing they can use for perfect concerning a business is running 1000+ stores and trying desperately to curtail excess hours usage.

There is no secret, if there is it's on your stores end trying to cut your hours out. So unless skynet just actualized and it hates you, you have only poor sales and poor management to blame.

While you all were fighting over the Boston Cremes, I snagged the Bavarian ones.
*licking fingers & flicking off powdered sugar*

While you all were fighting over the Boston Cremes, I snagged the Bavarian ones.
*licking fingers & flicking off powdered sugar*

You can have the jelly-filled ones too. I'll be too full after I eat all the Boston Cremes, and no one else likes them.

I'm a seasonal cashier TM and I even understand why they might not give me as many hours vs. non seasonal TM's... and sometimes it's reverse. It just depends on business needs and what your availability is, try double checking what they have down for your availablity. Sometimes it depends if someone called in or how many cashiers they think they need that day for that shift. For example why would they schedule 4 cashiers to start at 830/9am when at the most they would need 2 and that's pushing it. I'm seasonal until December, but I'm hoping to get hired on reg afterwards... I always smile, stay positive and I'm friendly with the customers. I haven't sold any REDcards yet, but I'm going to keep trying.

I don't think you(targetsecrets) know what you're talking about and you don't seem to be giving much information so that people on here can give you the right answers for your situation. I think you probably heard a friend of a friend who was an employee talk crap about Target, and before getting the real facts, you believed them. Unfortunately, that happens... I love working at Target, they have a great mission and care about their employees. Out of all of my retail/customer service jobs this one is my favorite so far... even the customers are better at Target.

I hope you understand and get the actually facts about where you work seasonal or not you're still representing Target and need to inform yourself a little more. Try to talk with your HRTM if you have questions. Goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back