Archived Newer member (not seasonal hire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm a newer team member, I was hired towards the end of October but I'm not a seasonal hire (if that even matters). I was originally hired and trained in the backroom, but our store is down 6 seasonal team members for our O/N flow team so they've made some drastic moves to get more people onto the floor since hiring isn't going to well. I've worked the floor very little, in fact all I know is how to read the schematic allowing me to bowl out product and then obviously work it. I'm sort of just being thrown on the floor and expected to work, but there are some things that I don't know about flow. For instance, seasonal is starting to get insanely messy and my TL's are talking about how we're going to have to flex product soon. I'm assuming this is just moving product from one spot to an open area, but is there anymore to this? Can I flex to clearance areas or does everything have to be the same price? I really have no idea what the Target policies are for flexing, just have a generalization and a guess lol.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Flexing is quite simple. Usually the Hardlines TLs or ETLs will give salesfloor and other TMs notice to start flexing on this date. Dates will vary from store to store for seasonal depending on the next planogram setup. All you really have to do is to move existing product to another area or aisle so the new planogram can be set. But keep it neat and organized. As you reshop returns and strays, you can simply find ornaments in one place, and all wrapping paper in another space.

Initially, flexing needs to be organized. You usually want to group the same DPCIs on the same pegs/shelf locations. Then keep like items together, then colors/colored tags, and same price point together. Red tag Ornaments with red tag ornaments, then gold tag ornaments next to it, power cords with power cords, blue lights with blue lights, white lights with white lights, and then wrapping paper with wrapping paper. Basically you don't want to put a $5 on the same peg as a $1 ornament; you want to keep it in the same price range. And try to keep pegged items together and then shelf items together. Then you don't want to have a bunch of ornaments sitting shelves when there are spaces for pegs. As you move items, move the peg/shelf labels. In somes cases, where you have a lot of the same item with no label, you might have to make a label for the DPCI.

Never flex seasonal to other clearance areas, as seasonal product needs to be returned or processed if not sold.

Then when it hits about 50%-75%, then organization is usually thrown out. Then its just compress it further down together until it is gone.

As you compress the flexing, the next planogram will be set up.

So I am allowed to move the shelf labels around, great. Sounds easy, keep everything together, same prices, etc.

Thanks!

Maybe another question, in the bath section I noticed that some towels are stacked 5 and 6 high. It seems a bit high. Are there "guidelines" and limits to how high they can really go? Also can we double stack them? A row behind the front row?

All I can say is don't stack them higher than the signs!

Damn, thats a bit crazy lol and here I'm thinking 5 and 6 is a little too much.

Ohh, I have another question. Sorry for all this!

What constitutes to be price wrapped? Are there different ranges for different departments? Electronics and Home?

Maybe another question, in the bath section I noticed that some towels are stacked 5 and 6 high. It seems a bit high. Are there "guidelines" and limits to how high they can really go? Also can we double stack them? A row behind the front row?

Capacities are given in the PDA. The number may change with each set depending upon the "fluffiness" of the towels. Some are doubled up and some are not. It depends upon the capacity.

Hello,

I'm a newer team member, I was hired towards the end of October but I'm not a seasonal hire (if that even matters). I was originally hired and trained in the backroom, but our store is down 6 seasonal team members for our O/N flow team so they've made some drastic moves to get more people onto the floor since hiring isn't going to well. I've worked the floor very little, in fact all I know is how to read the schematic allowing me to bowl out product and then obviously work it. I'm sort of just being thrown on the floor and expected to work, but there are some things that I don't know about flow. For instance, seasonal is starting to get insanely messy and my TL's are talking about how we're going to have to flex product soon. I'm assuming this is just moving product from one spot to an open area, but is there anymore to this? Can I flex to clearance areas or does everything have to be the same price? I really have no idea what the Target policies are for flexing, just have a generalization and a guess lol.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Ideally you will keep all product within its original planogram when flexing - the closer to its original spot the better it is for other teams in the store to do their jobs efficiently. Best practice is to keep clearance merchandise in its home spot until the section is mostly clearance. Then it should be moved to the last 4 feet of the planogram and signed as clearance with the lowest percentage off signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back