Archived Nintendo is probably going to hate us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had trouble w/ Cinderella as well, but our GSTL wouldn't let us use the 999s.....and she also refused to take the Cinderella movies off the endcap at the registers.....so when a couple of people came up w/ the one Cinderella that didn't work I made the GSTL tell the guests and then let her get the wrath of the unhappy guests.

By mid afternoon our movies were all ringing in correctly.

This falls 100% on the Electronics TL since most electronics TMs are not allowed to get on workbench.

Not to derail the convo, but since when? Everyone is allowed on workbench at my store... and all the electronics TM's are supposed to check message boards for stuff like this. It's our daily routine.

Not to derail the convo, but since when? Everyone is allowed on workbench at my store... and all the electronics TM's are supposed to check message boards for stuff like this. It's our daily routine.
It's not as if I'm not allowed to get on workbench, but when am I supposed to have the time? It's not in our daily routine (it wasn't even a part of training), not to mention we rarely have any computers available for us to use.
For that reason, our TL is responsible for that.

I really don't have time for it anymore. They cut us to 10AM and we are the only team member on the salesfloor from then on (Target Logic: Salesfloor help sales by getting people to the product so let's get rid of them!). So we have to set up the game endcaps and take care of all the guests. I now just count the amount of reservation cards that we have left over from what they sent us and do it that way.

/We have never sold more than 10 reservation cards unless it's something like COD.

Yes, this is technically true that everyone is allowed on workbench as far as HQ is concerned. However, there are many stores (such as the one I used to work at) that strictly forbid regular TMs from accessing workbench. At my store it was a coachable offense. The reason? Waste of payroll. As far as our ETLs/STL were concerned, TMs had no business on workbench because it was not needed to do their jobs.

As a TL at the time, I supported that policy. I needed my team on the floor doing their job and providing guest service in electronics..... Not sitting in the back of the fixture room (the closest computer to electronics) messing around on workbench while the electronics service score tanked. I made sure to print and provide to them whatever was needed.

It's not that I didn't think TMs would find some info useful, it was simply that I couldn't be sure that every TM that was on workbench actually was using it for productive purposes and not just to use as an excuse to take a break from the zone, guest service, etc. Plus we were so short staffed it was bad for guest service and productivity.

They have a street date. Any attempt to sell it early, will be stopped at the register most of the time.

If a game/movie is set to only to be sold at a certain date you will get a 'Cannot sell until "date"' prompt. similar to a 'Card not approved' screen.

Had this same nonsense all the time back in my hardlines days. We set a pog on tuesday which includes later street dates and all hell breaks lose. You can't backstock it or it gets pulled, unless you flex the label someone will try to fill it which makes sense if you have no idea what street dates involve. Special releases items should have revision pogs that set on release day simply put.

Had this same nonsense all the time back in my hardlines days. We set a pog on tuesday which includes later street dates and all hell breaks lose. You can't backstock it or it gets pulled, unless you flex the label someone will try to fill it which makes sense if you have no idea what street dates involve. Special releases items should have revision pogs that set on release day simply put.

At my store, we read the label & held it back. We didn't sell units prior to Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back