Archived No pricing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store still has 2 pricing TM with 4 more people that know how to do it. We are a very very store so I don't know if that matters or not. Cant imagine the departments doing their own pricing.

Without pricing team, we had fall harvest (obviously outdated) clearance baby food just now coming out of the backroom along with those peppermint mocha Eos lip balms we only sell at Christmas time. Yikes!

We found Christmas stuff in June hiding in a Waco, like how did this not get located or pulled when we did inventory in May? Oh yeah we had idiots doing backroom prep instead of backroom people who know they are doing..

I dont understand the logic in this at all. You have dedicated softness team members to make sure the department is stocked staffed and ready to help.They are committed to service (in theory). Why not the same with price change? Price and Plano are not just accessory positions. They get in and get out and keep the behind the scenes running (along with the backroom) so that the dedicated areas can run smoothly. It is just a hot mess. When everything backs up, they start adding hours like crazy so the backroom can "fix" it. Why not do it right from the start? Sending the backroom to clean up that shit show is crazy. Let them do it in the first place. They know what they are doing. Keep the barbies our of the backroom and in softness

I have bargin on Swiss tea.
140_EDD99-2818-47_C9-_B321-_B6_EB68_E99_AF8.jpg

What’s up with this ??
I do ad set and see this sort of thing with some frequency. It's not every week, but often enough that I wonder why Target can't program the system better to catch stupid stuff like this. (Not to mention that "manage inventory" part; in what universe does 10 + 0 = 21?) "Sale!" signs for items that have gone clearance. "Sale!" signs for a HIGHER price than what's on the shelf tag - and when I scan the shelf tag, that's the price that comes up.
And don't get me started on the quantity of 7 x 11 signs we receive - most of the time, it's way too many. Today, I could have used 5 of 2 different signs in domestics - got 1 of each.

My store still has 2 pricing TM with 4 more people that know how to do it. We are a very very store so I don't know if that matters or not. Cant imagine the departments doing their own pricing.
Oops I forgot a word when typing this out. It should say a very very busy store.

I dont understand the logic in this at all. You have dedicated softness team members to make sure the department is stocked staffed and ready to help.They are committed to service (in theory). Why not the same with price change? Price and Plano are not just accessory positions. They get in and get out and keep the behind the scenes running (along with the backroom) so that the dedicated areas can run smoothly. It is just a hot mess. When everything backs up, they start adding hours like crazy so the backroom can "fix" it. Why not do it right from the start? Sending the backroom to clean up that shit show is crazy. Let them do it in the first place. They know what they are doing. Keep the barbies our of the backroom and in softness
While I agree with the general gist, we are not "Barbies". When a guest wants baby water and it has to come from the back and all the boxes are still sealed, who is taking a 6 gallon 50 pound box off the top of the pallet and putting it on the floor to get a couple gallons out and then lifting the remaining box back on top of the pallet? Softlines TMs. When the last box of diapers is on the top shelf, who is climbing that ladder and then climbing back down one-handed, the other hand holding the box? Softlines TMs. When someone wants a crib, who is pulling it out and putting it on a flat and rolling it through the store to the front? Softlines TMs. When we either need hangers or need to get rid of hangers and there's tubs and flats in front of the hanger box, who is moving all that stuff out of the way? Softlines TMs. We might not be doing heavy lifting on a daily basis, but we aren't just standing around looking at our perfect manicures, we do actually work.

While I agree with the general gist, we are not "Barbies". When a guest wants baby water and it has to come from the back and all the boxes are still sealed, who is taking a 6 gallon 50 pound box off the top of the pallet and putting it on the floor to get a couple gallons out and then lifting the remaining box back on top of the pallet? Softlines TMs. When the last box of diapers is on the top shelf, who is climbing that ladder and then climbing back down one-handed, the other hand holding the box? Softlines TMs. When someone wants a crib, who is pulling it out and putting it on a flat and rolling it through the store to the front? Softlines TMs. When we either need hangers or need to get rid of hangers and there's tubs and flats in front of the hanger box, who is moving all that stuff out of the way? Softlines TMs. We might not be doing heavy lifting on a daily basis, but we aren't just standing around looking at our perfect manicures, we do actually work.

When I see this I will let ya know.

And with the baby water if there is none on the shelf that entire case should go out and give the guest what they want and you stock the rest on the shelf. If not you are just setting yourself up for more runs to the backroom.

When someone wants a crib, who is pulling it out and putting it on a flat and rolling it through the store to the front?
I've never seen a softlines team member do that at my store. It's always the electronics team members because we're always the ones they can find near infants or they use the toys call button.

I kinda find it hard to believe that no one has seen the ghost softlines TMs in the back room. I started well before E2E, and first time I needed to get a crib and I asked a TL how to get it, the answer was "You go get it. Put it on a flat and take it to the front." Back room TMs have gotten involved only to show me how to properly tell the computer I'm taking something and when something is so high machinery is needed to get it down. A few times GS needed a baby item out of the back room they walki'd me to go fetch it. I've been told to teach newer TMs how to properly take items out of the back room, so I'm not just an amazing go-getter. Only reason I still need help when machinery is needed is because no one's gotten around to training me on it even though all softlines TMs are supposed to be, and I've seen softlines TMs using machinery to reach high stuff well before E2E started.

Softlines does get stuff a lot but at my store Electronics is in charge of Infant Hardlines at the very least

I kinda find it hard to believe that no one has seen the ghost softlines TMs in the back room. I started well before E2E, and first time I needed to get a crib and I asked a TL how to get it, the answer was "You go get it. Put it on a flat and take it to the front." Back room TMs have gotten involved only to show me how to properly tell the computer I'm taking something and when something is so high machinery is needed to get it down. A few times GS needed a baby item out of the back room they walki'd me to go fetch it. I've been told to teach newer TMs how to properly take items out of the back room, so I'm not just an amazing go-getter. Only reason I still need help when machinery is needed is because no one's gotten around to training me on it even though all softlines TMs are supposed to be, and I've seen softlines TMs using machinery to reach high stuff well before E2E started.

Softlines TMs / TLs only come to the back to grab hangers, or to drop off their trash for someone else to do. I'm sure none of them could find an item that is located, or know how to pull the item if they found it, let alone something remotely heavy, like a single box of diapers. Might break a nail..

Softlines does get stuff a lot but at my store Electronics is in charge of Infant Hardlines at the very least

I was told to zone infant hardlines once. On top of my usual electronics, mini seasonal, and toys zone. Too bad I was “busy” with “guests” all night and couldn’t get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back