Archived No really we care about safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are too funny. There have been times when putting bars and shelves in the back that I have had to turn sideways because my hips are too big for the teeny bit of walking space that was left open.

I took a picture the day after it was "cleaned" one time. I'm waiting until I'm long gone before posting it here, but it will be posted, and it will be clear why I hate having to put stuff in the fixture room.

Our fixture room is a death trap. Wouldn’t be surprised if we ever did clean it to find TM’s we thought job abandoned.

Actually, corrugated stacks stronger when it's NOT staggered. Having walls offset causes pressure points, rather that evenly distributing the load.

That said, with repacks in particular, there probably isn't enough difference because of how they're filled.
We can debate this all day but I’m strictly speaking in terms of the ability to stay stack through turns and individual repacks collapsing. Very often I see the bottom repack in a vertical stack collapse. One turn and the whole stack is toast. When staggered they tie in better and don’t topple. That’s more of what I was getting at

"Fyi we ALWAYS have flats and pallets in our fire aisle. Its literally a storage area lately. Our dtl has been yelled out twice that i know of for it. Not sure they care really
One Steritech visit should cure that![/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. I wish I could post the pics of my store. These are neat and clean compared to mine.

Just wait until three or four TMs file Workers Comp claims for injuries (back injuries really drive them nuts).
You will be having huddles every day with safety instructions at everyone.
One of the ETLs is supposed to be the Safety Officer now, but after that he will have to be the SAFETY OFFICER!
This will go on for at least six months or until your store is out of the red for safety.
Spot may not care about your safety but they care a lot about money.

Just curious if safety has gone down the toilet at all stores now. This was on the floor as of 6pm along with a line of pallets down the entirety of toys and sportings goods and three cages(why are we even using cages smh). . .I mean what IS safety now does it exist anymore?
You should have seen my Fixture Room during Amplified Gifting last year. If the same happens this year I am calling OSHA, the Monday before Black Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back