Archived No really we care about safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if safety has gone down the toilet at all stores now. This was on the floor as of 6pm along with a line of pallets down the entirety of toys and sportings goods and three cages(why are we even using cages smh). . .I mean what IS safety now does it exist anymore?

Attachments

• 20180817_155111.jpg
    20180817_155111.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
LOL my store puts everything down the aisles on the side 20 min before closing or what ever time it’s sooo annoying whils the store is open and you are zoning! I waunder whose logic it was to put those down an aisle! I waunder how can we have such an careless over night team and the way they stock things too it super bad at my store

Just curious if safety has gone down the toilet at all stores now. This was on the floor as of 6pm along with a line of pallets down the entirety of toys and sportings goods and three cages(why are we even using cages smh). . .I mean what IS safety now does it exist anymore?
Well, we know stashing carts in the fire aisles have been an issue for a while. Wait till something falls off one of those pallets and hurts someone.

Seriously I was pushing truck in babies (this pallet was from truck btw) and kept peeping over making sure some idiot didnt knock it with a cart -_- brought it up to ap and our lod they said it was fine. . .how the frig is that fine o_O Im not a fan of the tiny humans but I dont want them squished either. Idk maybe I am just to old for these new ways.

Fyi we ALWAYS have flats and pallets in our fire aisle. Its literally a storage area lately. Our dtl has been yelled out twice that i know of for it. Not sure they care really

Last edited:

Oh man your store is a safety nightmare.....not.

I clicked the photo expecting boxes everywhere. Equipment blocking aisles. Cages in the middle of race track. I was even hoping to maybe find a broken ladder in receiving. It sucks that your store has an issue with not working clean but idk about a safety issue.

"Fyi we ALWAYS have flats and pallets in our fire aisle. Its literally a storage area lately. Our dtl has been yelled out twice that i know of for it. Not sure they care really
One Steritech visit should cure that![/QUOTE]

That's a safety issue

People who don’t stagger repacks are asking for it to cave in. I stagger repacks before going in the steel. No need to wrap or rubber band that thing won’t go anywhere.

Fire aisle being full takes one call to a fire Marshall. Stuff on the floor is new norm to prep for the unload

Your store automatically fails a Steritech visit if there items in the fire aisle. It's something new to the visits.

Oooo thats interesting! Im kinda tired of pointing it out in so called safety meetings.

Oh man your store is a safety nightmare.....not.

I clicked the photo expecting boxes everywhere. Equipment blocking aisles. Cages in the middle of race track. I was even hoping to maybe find a broken ladder in receiving. It sucks that your store has an issue with not working clean but idk about a safety issue.

Lol ok ok I over exaggerate a smidge but seriously what happened to safe stacking? Im 5ft I cant see over 90% of the vehicles they pack and yes I have hit an idiot disguised as a guest because they walked in front of me and I didnt see them.

I guess I am to old school for the new ways having safety drilled into the old grey matter -_-

I love how the "New and Only @ Target" sign is conveniently "highlighting" the monstrous Pisa pallet ! I guess it is "new"........ right? ;)

Sometimes, when some visitor is coming, they'll try to clean out the fire tunnel by moving it all into thr fixture room. Then I come in and move it right back out. I'm told we can't have pallets, flats, or tub in the fire tunnel. Then I ask .... you mean for today right? Because it's been fine for the last two weeks.

Sometimes, when some visitor is coming, they'll try to clean out the fire tunnel by moving it all into thr fixture room. Then I come in and move it right back out. I'm told we can't have pallets, flats, or tub in the fire tunnel. Then I ask .... you mean for today right? Because it's been fine for the last two weeks.
Steritech is supposed to check the fixture room, too, at least they did at my store. The ETL-Log got busted for something in there, and was trying to weasel out, but no dice.😂
As far as I know, our store has never had a safety meeting.😟

Looks like something that my old store would do too. I could go on and on about safety violations. Backroom at my last store was always a cluster because it was small compared to newer stores that had much better accessibility. Even sales floor would have pallets stacked outside the backroom on the back wall during business hours.

One motorized scooter and there it goes

the fixture room is supposed to be ADA accessible (4 feet of space to walk thru)
You are too funny. There have been times when putting bars and shelves in the back that I have had to turn sideways because my hips are too big for the teeny bit of walking space that was left open.

I took a picture the day after it was "cleaned" one time. I'm waiting until I'm long gone before posting it here, but it will be posted, and it will be clear why I hate having to put stuff in the fixture room.

People who don’t stagger repacks are asking for it to cave in. I stagger repacks before going in the steel. No need to wrap or rubber band that thing won’t go anywhere.

Fire aisle being full takes one call to a fire Marshall. Stuff on the floor is new norm to prep for the unload
Actually, corrugated stacks stronger when it's NOT staggered. Having walls offset causes pressure points, rather that evenly distributing the load.

That said, with repacks in particular, there probably isn't enough difference because of how they're filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back