Archived No store, LOD support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody!

As many of you know I started business college and am finished up now. The overall experience was not too different from the internship, it was more specialized to my position (AP). Now that I finished they do not have a store for me to be at because all the positions are full, I know this happens often. In my case I'll be placed at another store running 5 LOD shifts a week to support them since their store has been struggling in all areas this year. It sounds like an ETL in our district will be getting promoted to guest and I'll be stepping in. 5 LOD shifts a week is cruel punishment and I am not excited for that part. Anyone have experience doing this or having a leader do this? How did it go?

How much time has your internship given you the opportunity to LOD? I'm scratching my head on this. I can't imagine that internship and business college would adequately prepare ANYONE to be LOD 5 days a week and handle all the 'little' issues that come up each day. Seems like a typical Target move.

It will probably be easy. You won't have an area yet, so there is no pressure of being LOD but in the back of your head realizing how much work you have to do in your own area. You come in, LOD, go home.

Running LOD is easy.

At the beginning of the day, look at everything that needs to happen, prioritize it, then delegate it out.

Follow up with these people.

At noon make sure tasks are done, then, make sure cafs are rolling out of the back, and that your backroom team has adequate coverage to pull them.

Handle any guest issues in between by using your brain and not being a target robot.

LOD in a nutshell.

Agreed with @Rock Lobster. The challenge for ETLs and Sr TLs is balancing their limited time between LOD shifts and managing their areas. If you don't have an area, all you've left is LOD shifts which, while they can be stressful at times, should be a breeze if that's all you're doing.

Sounds like you struck gold to me, at first it will be hard and stressful but one of the hardest parts of making the transition to ETL if you were not a Sr TL before is juggling your responsibilities and the requirements of being LOD. I recommend you take the opportunity to become comfortable with being the LOD and ingrain the routines before you get assigned a store of your own. If you get assigned to a low volume store that experience will be a life saver as you won't have the payroll to delegate many tasks and the routines will keep you from failing.

Being LOD once or twice a week and responsible for specific metrics feels worse to me than doing LOD 5 days a week and no other scores except global ones. 5 days a week LOD sounds like the dream.

LOD once or twice...? My store every LOD does 3 minimum, besides me and the log everyone else does 4 most weeks. I agree though, it sucks now that I have other metrics to own.

Reminds me of my last 2 months when I was extended intern!

It was okay, the main problem for me though was not having keys and always having another leader in the building. Everyone would run their LOD shifts differently, and depending on who was the 'key carrier' with me they would get mad if I didn't run LOD exactly like them. I

LOD once or twice...? My store every LOD does 3 minimum, besides me and the log everyone else does 4 most weeks. I agree though, it sucks now that I have other metrics to own.
You have less than 7 people between your STL/ETL/Sr's? That leaves everyone with two is why I am asking.

You have less than 7 people between your STL/ETL/Sr's? That leaves everyone with two is why I am asking.
We do. Normally full ship I have stl, three etl and three srtl. We are down an etl right now though.

Only have 6 at my store. Although we lost a SrTL a few months ago and never replaced him.

My store has; STL, ETL-HR, ETL-LOG, ETL-HL, ETL-SL, ETL-AP, ETL-GE, and ETL-Food (He might be a SrTL of consumables, I'm not entirely sure) and I'm not aware of any other SrTL's. I also don't know about overnight.

My store has ETL AP, ETL GE/SF, ETL Food, ETL LOG, STL, and 2 SrTLs... our ETL HR and other SrTL are on loa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back