Archived Non rehireable question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at target for almost a year and surprisingly enjoyed it. I was a flow team member and ran into sleep related issues that no one seem interested in helping me with. It started off great and i was able to work with 6 or so hours of sleep per night. As time progressed and life became more and more busy my sleep slowly started decreasing to the point where i was getting maybe 2 hours of sleep per night then going into work a 4 am.

I brought this issue up with HR and my team lead and tried to switch over to day side so i can get a more regular sleep schedule but flow was so short staffed they couldn't afford to lose anyone. I began working a shift that stocked the freezer and dairy which was part of flow but started at 7 am and ended at 12 pm which was good enough for me. But, that was short lived when the store moved that to begin at 4 am as well.

I was informed that the freezer shift change may happen and went up to HR and took a form for my 2 week notice and told them several times that if the schedule were to change I would no longer be able to work there. I cannot function properly off 2 hours of sleep nor can anyone I imagine. I was never told that it actually happened until i looked at the schedule and realized it said 4 am instead of 7 am.

I finished out my work week which was only like another day and called HR the next morning telling them i could not work the shifts assigned to me due to the fact that its a risk to my health to work off that little of sleep as well as drive so early in the morning the 20 mins it took me to get to work.

Its not that I wanted to quit but i was really left no choice. I handled the situation poorly by not submitting my 2 weeks and just dealing with lack of sleep. I assume that would list me as non rehireable but i feel like i should try to see if there is any way i can reapply for a day time position.

Basically just looking for opinions on the situation and if its even worth trying to apply there again.

I was never in HR, but I think you have to work out your remaining shifts that are on the board after you fill out your voluntary termination forms to be considered rehirable. Some stores might make an exception if they really like you, though.

I was never in HR, but I think you have to work out your remaining shifts that are on the board after you fill out your voluntary termination forms to be considered rehirable. Some stores might make an exception if they really like you, though.

^This. If they were nice and understanding, they might not have classified you as a job abandonment and you would still be rehireable. But more than likely, they didn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back