Not a wrongful fire, but definitely wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, much as I can be a "conspiracy theorist" at times, it's quite possible that the timing of AP's crackdown on fraud among your Starbucks team is coincidental. It takes time for the SD, AP, HR and corporate legal to assemble all of the evidence and proof needed to support the termination of members of your Starbucks TMs. As it was your last day before transferring to another store, and their investigation may have just been wrapped up, time was of the essence to cut you loose before they moved on to other TMs.

Although HR and your TLs will not explain to others the circumstances of your firing, word sometimes has a way of getting around. I would not be surprised if during the next week, many of your fellow Starbucks TMs get called into private conference about this. It's unknown whether or not they will be fired. They might be asked to voluntarily quit. They might receive a very strict written reprimand. They might be reassigned away from Starbucks to being a cart attendant and/or hours reduced to 4 hours per week. They might individually go through a more thorough "performancing out" process taking just a few weeks before they too are discharged.

You've experienced the "School of Hard Knocks".

In any job of any type, Ethics Are Important - it's imperative that you ask permission from a boss before taking things which you're not entitled to use or take.

Apparently, Target determined that you were dishonest, disloyal to Target's goals and mission, and unworthy of remaining employed with the company.

Give some serious reflection on what happened to you. As much as you humanly can, don't plan on repeating the dishonest behavior for which you were outed at a very awkward time in your career.

Last edited:
I don’t think everyone reading this understands, the ENTIRE Starbucks team was stealing. Not just me. That’s why I’m confused as to why I am the only one fired while they are aware of the rest.
If you are ever driving down the highway going 70 mph in a 55 mph zone just to keep up with the rest of the traffic and you are pulled over by police for speeding, please use the “everybody was doing it” excuse. I’m sure that will get you off with just a warning.

If you are ever driving down the highway going 70 mph in a 55 mph zone just to keep up with the rest of the traffic and you are pulled over by police for speeding, please use the “everybody was doing it” excuse. I’m sure that will get you off with just a warning.
ACAB

Had a barista who had previously worked at a company store.
Baristas there are allowed free drinks during shift.
She was always fixing herself a drink without paying despite being told that spot doesn't allow that & didn't see the protocol differences between company stores vs franchises.
One day they pulled her & put her on final; the next day she quit.

Had a barista who had previously worked at a company store.
Baristas there are allowed free drinks during shift.
She was always fixing herself a drink without paying despite being told that spot doesn't allow that & didn't see the protocol differences between company stores vs franchises.
One day they pulled her & put her on final; the next day she quit.
haha.., i am kinda the same deal I worked for real Starbucks

My mother-in-law actually tried that once. The cop just said "Well you're the one that got caught".

Wait. What did you steal? You said the tumbler was a mistake with not ringing someone up. What is the mistake? And for snacks and coffee, are Target baristas not allowed to have any food or drinks?... I guess I'm clueless. My Starbucks people have drinks that I'm 99% positive are not rung up, but I'm also 99% positive nobody cares. ASANTS? Or are you talking down your greed?

Edit: You sold a salvaged item... Also clueless here I guess, but does salvage work the same for Starbucks and hardlines? Why would you not just salvage it out?

haha.., i am kinda the same deal I worked for real Starbucks
Does it matter? Different workplaces have different rules. Anyone with three brain cells knows that the rules will be different workplace to workplace -and- all the fast food "at participating stores only" means that franchises and company stores play by different rules. Where is your third brain cell since you seem to think that since Workplace A does things one way, Workplace B as well as all future workplaces will do the exact same thing?

Wait. What did you steal? You said the tumbler was a mistake with not ringing someone up. What is the mistake? And for snacks and coffee, are Target baristas not allowed to have any food or drinks?... I guess I'm clueless. My Starbucks people have drinks that I'm 99% positive are not rung up, but I'm also 99% positive nobody cares. ASANTS? Or are you talking down your greed?

Edit: You sold a salvaged item... Also clueless here I guess, but does salvage work the same for Starbucks and hardlines? Why would you not just salvage it out?
We didn’t salvage it out because we didn’t/they still don’t have a team lead and didn’t know how, none of us asked I guess we didn’t comprehend how big of a no no it was. The tumblr was a mistake obviously, the food and drink wasn’t as we are not allowed to have anything even tho regular Starbucks are. So far no one else has been fired except me which is why I’m mad because I wasn’t the only one doing it. I reached out to the HR hotline or whatever and it’s being “investigated” but after seeing the disorganization of my store and the favoritism the higher ups participate in I don’t think anything will be done.

Does it matter? Different workplaces have different rules. Anyone with three brain cells knows that the rules will be different workplace to workplace -and- all the fast food "at participating stores only" means that franchises and company stores play by different rules. Where is your third brain cell since you seem to think that since Workplace A does things one way, Workplace B as well as all future workplaces will do the exact same thing?
Again, I understand that now but again my boyfriend took more than I did, so where is his termination? The high school girl who makes fraps every shift? Why is she still working there?

Again, I understand that now but again my boyfriend took more than I did, so where is his termination? The high school girl who makes fraps every shift? Why is she still working there?
How about this. It ain't your problem.

You don't know what's going on with AP and store leadership and HR. You don't know if actions are planned. You likely don't know the dollar value of everything, so good chance you were the worst.

If you are the worst, then maybe you were used as an example to make everyone else stop, including your boyfriend. You should be glad he has a job so he can pay bills, rather than unemployed at a really bad time with you.

And that tumbler, if you forgot to ring it up when checking someone out, then it sounds like you were planning on having whoever you were ringing up to pay for your tumbler.

And does "coffee master" equal supervisor? If so, why the hell are you flaunting all types of rules by being in a supervisor/underling relationship on the job while in a romantic relationship off the job?

How about this. It ain't your problem.

You don't know what's going on with AP and store leadership and HR. You don't know if actions are planned. You likely don't know the dollar value of everything, so good chance you were the worst.

If you are the worst, then maybe you were used as an example to make everyone else stop, including your boyfriend. You should be glad he has a job so he can pay bills, rather than unemployed at a really bad time with you.

And that tumbler, if you forgot to ring it up when checking someone out, then it sounds like you were planning on having whoever you were ringing up to pay for your tumbler.

And does "coffee master" equal supervisor? If so, why the hell are you flaunting all types of rules by being in a supervisor/underling relationship on the job while in a romantic relationship off the job?
He isn’t a supervisor actually:) it’s just an award and a fancy title

If your fellow coworkers jumped off a bridge, would you? "Others did too" is stupid shit high school logic. Don't steal shit, it ain't right and it ain't worth it. It goes on your record. To the young and inexperienced with no street smarts: "think, it's free."

If your fellow coworkers jumped off a bridge, would you? "Others did too" is stupid shit high school logic. Don't steal shit, it ain't right and it ain't worth it. It goes on your record. To the young and inexperienced with no street smarts: "think, it's free."
I’d actually love to jump off a bridge, thank you

I worked Target for 9 years; 7 of those in Food Ave, the one thing I always knew AP was always watching us. I even had a FATL busted for stealing food and it was right after he was onboarded.

Each termination or reprimand is going to be conducted individually. They are not going to call in the entire team and roast you.

Best thing to do is learn from this mistake and move on.

Last edited:
I worked Target for 9 years; 7 of those in Food Ave, the one thing I always knew was AP was always watching us. I even had a FATL busted for stealing food and it was right after he was onboarded.

Each termination or reprimand is going to be conducted individually. They are not going to call in the entire team and roast you.

Best thing to do, is learn from this mistake and move on.
Thank you for actually being nice about it :)

Bring lunch, brown bag. If you're hungry tell the ETL and maybe they'll let you slide with something, or at least pay for it later. So cheap, so simple to make a sandwich or two, a snack, lock it up or if it's safe keep it in the break room fridge. There is absolutely no reason on the planet to spend a sizeable amount of green while working an abbreviated shift at The Dog. We all forget, we all run out of lunch supplies at home. Use your head, plan ahead. Don't steal.

Even my kid knows better.

My kiddo was always the first one off the bridge.

We had a mom come over pissed as hell because her son had broke his arm jumping off the roof of a trailer into a snowbank after my daughter did it.
My kiddo's only defense was, "I showed him how to do it, so he wouldn't get hurt."
On the positive side those leadership skills is why she now manages a credit union.

I don’t understand why you keep bringing up that the rest of the team did it, it doesn’t matter? You got fired because you got caught stealing. If you want the rest of your team to get fired so badly then call the integrity hotline... But, you got what you deserved lol
I don’t understand why you keep bringing up that the rest of the team did it, it doesn’t matter? You got fired because you got caught stealing. If you want the rest of your team to get fired so badly then call the integrity hotline... But, you got what you deserved lol
why are you such a bitch?

• Haha
Reactions: Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back