Archived Not allowed more than 14 hrs a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So this time of year I tend to work any and all hours I can grab. So today I grabbed a shift off the sheet that effectively has me working a double shift. I then get a call from HR telling me that I need to watch my time when working that day that I don't work anything over that because I am not supposed to work over 14 hrs. The HR TM made it sound like that TM's are not supposed to work over 14 hrs a day at all. Is that true? If so it's the first I have heard of it in my 3 years working. I clearly remember working some 16 hr days too!

Is that 14 straight hours or 14 working hours with lunches?

Depending on your state's labor laws, anything over 14 working hrs may be considered overtime pay. Previously it may have not been caught, or its a recent change.

14 with lunches. It's a possibility that is the case... although I usually have worked from open to close with nobody saying anything to me. Could be HR just being super strict this year. I am gonna talk to my TL about it though, cause if this crops up as an issue, I might have to think about a secondary job this year which they are not going to like too much because I may have to change availability and I am one of the few that have it wide open.. Overall not a good situation here, as I must have at least 37 hours. 30 and 32 don't cut it.

As a backroom team member I worked more than a few 15+ hour shifts with the approval of my leadership, so I would guess it's a state regulation. I know some states have meal-compliance at 5 hours, others have it at 6 hours. I've never heard of anything regarding total shift times, though - we've had team members do 17.5 hour shifts, and a team leader did a 22.5 hour shift once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back