Archived Not Being Fast Fun and Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I been at target going on 2 years. I have never been wrote up coached or even talked to for that matter about anything. So the other day I get called to the office about acting like I don't want to be at work. They said this has been going on for a few weeks. I have had some stuff going on that don't envolve anything to do with target but it has my life stressed out right now. I go to work and do what I think is my best I can with all this going on in my life and apparently it is showing at work. The regular team members don't seem to think I am acting any different cuz we all laugh and cut up with each other. it just seems to be the tl and other upper people. So how do you know if you been or going to be wrote up for something we are suppose to be having another talk about this situation but we have not had it yet. I'm just wondering if I can get fired for not being fast fun friendly or amazing if I have never had a write up or coaching that I know of. I'm ready to quit at this point but idk. any advise would be appreciated thanks.

More than likely they had a seek to understand conversation with you, which is basically to see what's going on, what you have to say, if they can help, etc. They will followup, good or bad, and talk again. It's possible to go to a coaching then (or already, depends on the people, store, culture).

Don't worry about getting fired until you've been written up (you'll have to sign it). If you get a CA then they may be out to get you or they may just be trying to correct the issue (again it depends on store, person, etc).

You can get in trouble for not being FFF, I have, multiple times. Make sure you smile, act happy, speak to everyone with at least a hello, and don't complain! Don't complain about anything, it will be held against you.

In your next sit down, say you had a family member very sick, were about to lose your car from money issues, whatever, get whatever sympathy you can (it won't be.much). Ask for specifics on how you're not being FFF (do not let them get awat without giving you concrete answers) and above all - stress that everything is perfectly fine now, the issue worked out and you are doing great. Document everything from now on. Do not gossip or complain to the team, someone will tell.

tldr - smile, dontcomplain, act happy

thanks for the advise...hopefully everything will go fine at the next talking and things will just smooth over for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back