Archived Not much activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
is it just me or there very few D.C. Team members on here vs store team members

What's a D.C. Team member and how are they different from store team members?

I wanna be a D.C. Team member!

UUZJO3W.gif

Our benefits are better for example store closures due to the storm we were also closed but we got paid for two days that we were closed, our starting pay at my DC is about 15 an hour and you'll be up to 21 an hour within 2 1/2 years you start off with two weeks paid vacation and personal days off paid as well as insurance retirement 401(k) pension

Not to mention overtime which for me comes out to be a little over $30 an hour with 10 hour shift's

Any of you D.C. Guys seeing promotion from within ?our D.C. Has implemented a new role to train/groom select team members to become om/gl last guy went from team member to gl in 6months through that role

Dc members unite! From what I've heard inside promotion is rare, most of the om's seem to be hired new. At least from what I've seen. My guess is less dc guys on here due to less working at them than the stores?

It
Dc members unite! From what I've heard inside promotion is rare, most of the om's seem to be hired new. At least from what I've seen. My guess is less dc guys on here due to less working at them than the stores?
It's happening quite a bit here, three I know of did it within the past year, and we also have one gl without a degree and a sr without one also. The thought process on promotions from within are changing rapidly from what I can tell after speaking with a few om and sr om, I've been selected for the om grooming position basically I do his job in inbound while he assist from a distance. It's been created to help others within the company move up and prove themselves before actually getting the position then when you do your basically ready to go right off the bat Bc you've been doing the role already

I dunno, maybe your local job market is not giving them enough GL candidates, and this is what their turning to? At least where I'm at, it's all business ass usual. All our new GLs are external hires.

Our stl ditched for the dc.

I would love the dc but it is hard work. I think store work is much easier.

Last edited:

True it's easier but also a lot less pay at the store

Depends my store starts at 15 an hour.
D.C. Starts at that with two weeks paid vacay and three person days paid , will max out at 21 and change within 2 1/2 yrs. as a regular worker what's the equivalent pay grade at the store jw ? Etl? Still trying to learn their levels as that's my goal long term to make om here stay there for a few years then come to store hopefully as an assistant manager

I've known a DC starter tm that made no more than $11 an hour. But that was when regular stores were at $9. Either way it's comparable to other warehouse postings, Lowe's pays about the same for warehouse distribution.

I also have a friend ETL who works in DC and I would say the pay is comparable to my ETLs in store.

Maybe it's harder physically, I don't know. But putting together that sugar paper focal is pretty hard. Took me 3+ hours.

DC's have more physical labor, but the stores should get some similar consideration for having the guests that make you want to throat punch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back