Archived Nothing-to-do habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey! Who smeared chocolate fudge all over the time clock!? Wait a tick...I'm gonna hurl!!!"

Yes, I know. I was just agreeing with you. Whom ever said *not* to do it is an idiot.
The reason most were told not to do audits right now is because stores are ordering entirely too much product. Too many hands in the cookie jar essentially. Too many team members auditing and many don’t know how to do it correctly. Sure you can just say you don’t have any but did that team member really search for it if it has counts? Perhaps it’s a pallet not located or just sitting somewhere else. We had a store that a team member audited an item and said we didn’t have it. Received a pallet of it in bulk. But then found the pallet of product we originally had located in the back. Now sitting on two pallets of product. This is just one example. So to get a handle on the inventory being sent to stores and try and reduce truck sizes we were told not to audit at this time.

The reason most were told not to do audits right now is because stores are ordering entirely too much product. Too many hands in the cookie jar essentially. Too many team members auditing and many don’t know how to do it correctly. Sure you can just say you don’t have any but did that team member really search for it if it has counts? Perhaps it’s a pallet not located or just sitting somewhere else. We had a store that a team member audited an item and said we didn’t have it. Received a pallet of it in bulk. But then found the pallet of product we originally had located in the back. Now sitting on two pallets of product. This is just one example. So to get a handle on the inventory being sent to stores and try and reduce truck sizes we were told not to audit at this time.

0 On HAND = audit.
eleventy billion OH = go look for it.

:slight exaggeration, but not by much:

Besides Corp did it to themselves by expecting EVERYONE to be an EXPERT at [virtually] everything.

THIS^
Try explaining this to the DTL(whatever they are called now) or the SD is like talking to the wall! Only last week did they start clearing, purging aisles in the backroom but were still have at least 20 more that need to be gone through.

IMO, backroom locations either need to be purged/worked out, backstocked what can't go out or locu'd. We are sitting on a lot a freight back there that are either salvage or not in location. So honestly, until someone is able to clear out the stockroom so we can be low and productive we will continue to struggle with product rolling off the trucks with freight we already have sitting in the back.

Last edited:
0 On HAND = audit.

Besides Corp did it to themselves by expecting EVERYONE to be an EXPERT at [virtually] everything.
I have an item that the floor is full (let's say there are 5 of this item) and then there are about 40 located in the backroom, most of which aren't including in the on hand count. Will an audit have us check backroom location so that we can add the items from the back to the OH count? I just want to get product out of the back pretty much which I can't do if the DC doesn't know we have it

THIS^
Try explaining this to the DTL(whatever they are called now) or the SD is like talking to the wall! Only last week did they start clearing, purging aisles in the backroom but were still have at least 20 more that need to be gone through.

IMO, backroom locations either need to be purged/worked out, backstocked what can't go out or locu'd. We are sitting on a lot a freight back there that are either salvage or not in location. So honestly, until someone is able to clear out the stockroom so we can be low and productive we will continue to struggle with product rolling of the trucks with freight we already have sitting in the back.

True. I focus on Auditing TRUE OUTS. If it has OH numbers I look for it, or wait until I can PURGE that area of the back room.

If there is unpushed Freight, Shippers, Pallets, Transition or Baffles in the backroom -- auditing will make it worse if OH are shown.

0 On HAND = audit.

INF'd because not on the floor and not located in the back = audit.

That's the direction from my leadership. I don't follow that to the absolute black letter of the law, but I follow the spirit. It's not like informing the DBO of the section is going to get the issue fixed within the 24 hours needed to insure that we don't get dinged for the same item again. If it's likely still on a truck vehicle, sure I won't audit that out if I can't find it. The INF was me running out of time to look. Not delivered that day with 0 on floor, 0 in back (6 on hand)? Audit to zero.

Everyone in here is so motivated, I'm almost scared to comment back. On the day I posted this, I just spent some time in the breakroom. Don't poke me with the pitchfork yet, though! I eventually got bored and ended up zoning and auditing instead.

I was surprised that there was so little work that day, since it never happens. Usually working endless pulls or EXFs in the morning, but it was almost like the TLs didn't expect me to show up. It felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.

Everyone in here is so motivated, I'm almost scared to comment back. On the day I posted this, I just spent some time in the breakroom. Don't poke me with the pitchfork yet, though! I eventually got bored and ended up zoning and auditing instead.

I was surprised that there was so little work that day, since it never happens. Usually working endless pulls or EXFs in the morning, but it was almost like the TLs didn't expect me to show up. It felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.
Zone, detail zone, scanning outs, filling holes manually by taking stuff from the back room to fill a spot that is empty, repackage damaged packaging, tags if you're softlines, look for items that don't belong, including behind any displays and large items, take a garbage bag and look for cups and empty wrappers, clean up clearance since regular price items always end up in it. I'm sure others can think of more.

This rarely happens, but on days that truck is lighter than usual, I'll do some random FIFO checks in my area on product I know moves slowly and check shelf capacity and on-hand counts for product that hasn't been there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back