Archived Nothing-to-do habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Net

Every once in a while, I run into times where all my work is done, and all my manager has for me to do is to "work on reshop" when there's no reshop to do. Now, I know what I'm supposed to be doing during these times. There's always work to be done, be proactive, yada yada.

Be honest, what do you actually do?

I like to catch up on Greenfield and Workbench for a few minutes. Some backroom location accuracy, cleaning, etc.

Does anyone actually get to finish their work? We're now supposed to come in at 8am and touch up our zones and pull our autofills all before 9am. Then it's push truck and zone and manage the fitting room and do reshop (all day) and then backstock and don't forget the VMGs and now the newest scream from the GE to "handle your PCVs!" Oh and don't forget that RFID has now gone back to a weekly thing. Today was the easiest day I've had in awhile because it was a "no truck" day but I worked all the way to the last minute. -_- I know I'm not the only one out there in this boat... lol

I don't think my work is ever finished....

I might finish a task, but the actual work is never done...

Like others said:
zone
pricing - labels - pull BR batches
set SP/REV
Purge - clean up/out BR
Reshop
OUTS/EXF
AUDITS
Fill Endcaps
PTM - purge D-code
Fix missing labels, signs, and fix broken things, etc....
Update capacities and SFQs

no to mention back up cashier
look at sales numbers
plan for upcoming workload...

Oh yeah, push freight, autofills, CAFs, and backstock as I go

12 steps -- paying close attention to dates if in an area like Market or HBA or Baby Food

Last edited:
Every once in a while, I run into times where all my work is done, and all my manager has for me to do is to "work on reshop" when there's no reshop to do. Now, I know what I'm supposed to be doing during these times. There's always work to be done, be proactive, yada yada.

Be honest, what do you actually do?
Zone.. if already zoned everything do audits or fill batches. If those are done too then zone one more time 😀. Once I ended up staying 9 hrs a day with almost 3hrs left to do whatever!! I kept on asking LOD what to do. She told zone all market aisles. But even that was done by then. Then I went to back room and tried to fix my back room aisles which are always a mess.

You can always walk the market back room and pull vendor product out of the Waco's.. I filled a triple tier today after just getting pissed off while pulling an OPU batch.

I don't think my work is ever finished....

I might finish a task, but the actual work is never done...

Like others said:
zone
pricing - labels - pull BR batches
set SP/REV
Purge - clean up/out BR
Reshop
OUTS/EXF
AUDITS
Fill Endcaps
PTM - purge D-code
Fix missing labels, signs, and fix broken things, etc....
Update capacities and SFQs

no to mention back up cashier
look at sales numbers
plan for upcoming workload...

Oh yeah, push freight, autofills, CAFs, and backstock as I go

12 steps -- paying close attention to dates if in an area like Market or HBA or Baby Food
I'll be lucky if I can at least accomplish 5 of these things on this list. I count 16 tasks on your list. Currently I'm lucky if I get truck freight pushed. There have been days where my DBO for the area only gets 4 hours so I'm having to pick up the slack. I've tried to get more hours scheduled but my SD and HR are just not listening. They are only looking at numbers verses actually coming out of their offices and working out the freight to see what I am talking about. Or to see what TM's deal with.

I'll be lucky if I can at least accomplish 5 of these things on this list. I count 16 tasks on your list. Currently I'm lucky if I get truck freight pushed. There have been days where my DBO for the area only gets 4 hours so I'm having to pick up the slack. I've tried to get more hours scheduled but my SD and HR are just not listening. They are only looking at numbers verses actually coming out of their offices and working out the freight to see what I am talking about. Or to see what TM's deal with.

Same! I never make it past pulling/working my auto fills (maybe OOS batches too if the truck isn't quite finished yet), and working freight. I only manage to get half my allotted freight done on any given day.

I usually do backroom tasks (12 steps), empty location audits, restock supplies for our pack station or do some clearance price change.

There is never “no reshop”. Lol. While there might not be any at the front lanes I know in my store you can grab a cart and at any given time start walking the store and just pick up TONS of items out of location. I do this as a lead and always end up with a cart or more that will then need sorted and put away. Maybe guests are just animals at my store more then others. Lol

I EXF a lot. If I have time left over after my truck push and backstock are done, I'll pick an aisle or section depending on how much time I have and deep scan it. Even if I'm able to fit just one more of something, it's still one coming out of the back and making room in the wacos. I can make good sized batches doing that.

I like to audit too... I try to keep on top of outs. Otherwise that stuff will sit empty for weeks. My store was told not to audit cause "DC already knows what we're out of" but I don't buy that. There have been products not sent since before my area's last reset, which was weeks ago. I finally just went and scanned them all. If they get mad, well, they want me to "own my business" so I made a business decision. Can't make sales if we don't have product.

I EXF a lot. If I have time left over after my truck push and backstock are done, I'll pick an aisle or section depending on how much time I have and deep scan it. Even if I'm able to fit just one more of something, it's still one coming out of the back and making room in the wacos. I can make good sized batches doing that.

I like to audit too... I try to keep on top of outs. Otherwise that stuff will sit empty for weeks. My store was told not to audit cause "DC already knows what we're out of" but I don't buy that. There have been products not sent since before my area's last reset, which was weeks ago. I finally just went and scanned them all. If they get mad, well, they want me to "own my business" so I made a business decision. Can't make sales if we don't have product.

Audit your OUTS and critical lows. That's why the function exists.

ETA: Assuming your Backroom is not a chaotic mess full of unpushed freight and baffles....

Last edited:
I'm a guest advocate. I can only stand there and smile 😀. However, I'll zone when no one is looking LOL. I'll clean too.

My TL showed us how to EXF and create batches recently. And by us I mean the inbound team. I noticed half of the Elmer's glue was empty and there was none in the back. Last sold date was over 60 days ago so I obviously knew the on hand count was way off. I asked my TL if I should audit it and he said not until he gets a chance to show us. This was just over a week ago. Thankfully I knew how to audit thanks to TBR and 3 days after auditing, we have glue on the shelf and it's selling pretty quick!

Also, we had a product that could only fit 5 on the floor but the sales floor capacity was at 100. I just updated that today. Hoping we can sell the 70 that are sitting in the backroom because nobody ever noticed anything seemed wrong. I would love to have the chance and make sure everything is correct in my area but this will most likely never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back