Archived ok so I have a question I am about 45 days in to my 90 days and was wondering who makes the call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of you staying I think all the gsa and gstl like me but the etl of the front end is all ways being mean so I was wondering how I will stay past my 90 day and what I can do improve my chances thanks

Your gstl would typically be the one making the choice. Though an ETL could override them. Basically if you show up to work and your number doesn't work, you were termed.

Show up on time, be there when you are there if you know what I mean, be positive, drink the kool aid, ask for extra work if things are slow, get lots of Red Cards, and work extra hours if they ask you too.

ETL has final say but TLs can justify why you should be kept. I left it up to my TLs unless I completely saw something different. Usually we were on the same page, but when we weren't I challenged them to make me a believer if they were going to be kept and don't come complaining after their 90 days that they were wrong.

At my store the primary requirements for you to stay are that you are breathing and not stealing. We are short handed in all areas, esp. the front end. Of course, the new $9/hr pay rate will bump up MANY people in my store by over $1 an hour. So the sub $8/hr pay could have been a deterrent to people thinking about applying here. Heck, the fast food joints across the parking lot pay at least .50/hr more. I know what their new hires make because they usually don't have the basic math skills to figure out their income when they apply for a red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back