Archived Online Price Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how in store price matching works for online items.

I read on the target corporate page that they will match prices on their website. Will they do that for any items? Even electronics/games?

How would that work? Would you need to print off the website and bring it in?

Target will only price match online items with Amazon.Com, WalMart.com ToysRUs.Com, BabiesRUs.com,m BestBuy.Com and Target.Com. All price matches have to be done at Guest Service. The TM at Guest Service enters the DPCI from the product to search on the iPad using the Target Price Match widget. If you bring your phone or a print out of the web page, we have to use our system anyway. At least this is how Best Practice works.

Actually, the latest Guest Service Reference Guides say we CAN look at the guest's mobile device or a printout.

Actually, the latest Guest Service Reference Guides say we CAN look at the guest's mobile device or a printout.

" For online prices: please show us your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com. A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device."

We are expected to do this at our Service Desk.

You didn't get an iPad fourth quarter? How did you do online price matches then? We do them on the kiosks, too, but it takes forever! We also use the iPad to find DPCIs when the guests return items without receipt and there's no UPC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. I work sales floor, but I do know that we did not get Ipads.

I will ask when I get in today.

I don't know. I work sales floor, but I do know that we did not get Ipads.

I will ask when I get in today.

In my store, only Service Desk got iPads. We had two during fourth quarter; now we have one with the other being locked in the cash office all the time. It's really nice to have at the desk - much quicker than the kiosks or LPDAs for looking stuff up online.

I know for sure that they do not have any. I asked the other day after I price matched at a different store had a coupon for a different location) and saw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back