Archived Open door policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone have an open door policy at their store? I know that in ours the last person you would go to would be the ETL-HR. He will gossip to everyone what he hears, and he could be the main reason some of our better team members leave. If this person is mad at you, you can expect to get little to no hours and terrible shifts. I am just wondering if this occurs at other stores.

My old HRs were problems at my store for starting gossip and backstabbing TMs

Etl-Hr is not the end of the open door policy, you can call the integrity hotline and if need be dtl-hr. But before you do any of that document document document. Who said what to who, who over heard it, was it out in the open (ie on the sales floor or over the walkie) etc etc. If your gonna call an exec out then you better have more then your word cause you are easier to replace then they are.

We have a pretty good open door policy at our store. Our DTL is VERY happy with out store over the years and uses us to train ETLs/STLs to the point that if they aren't working out he can trust the TLs of the store to bring it to their attention so they can be talked to. Haven't seen it come to anything like that in years(still kept in touch the years I wasn't there), but it's comforting to know that the "gossip" part of going to a higher up will not be met well by the others in the store and that they will regret the breach of trust.

I think we'd have an open door policy if the leadership were actually available. They are usually "walking", on the phone, with a guest, blahblahblah. If we leave the floor for any reason there is usually "Has anyone seen "insert name here? There are pulls on the line, blahblahblah. It's a pleasant memory, though.

Our HR's were always there for us and kept the door open. Unfortunately one although easy to talk to was inept at getting back signed warnings and reminding us when 90 days were due. I had to set up my own system to remember dates and coachings etc.

I think we'd have an open door policy if the leadership were actually available. They are usually "walking", on the phone, with a guest, blahblahblah. If we leave the floor for any reason there is usually "Has anyone seen "insert name here? There are pulls on the line, blahblahblah. It's a pleasant memory, though.
Same here! But etl hr is in her office always with the door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back