Archived Open Positions in other Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to check for available positions in other stores?

Under eHR on the left hand side. I believe it's under job opportunities. It will take you to a similar site like when you filled out your application when originally applying. Pick up to three stores and pick departments. It will show open positions. You can only apply for the open ones I believe.

Under eHR on the left hand side. I believe it's under job opportunities. It will take you to a similar site like when you filled out your application when originally applying. Pick up to three stores and pick departments. It will show open positions. You can only apply for the open ones I believe.
Wow that's great to know thank you!

If you apply for a position at another store does your HR get notified?
I've often wondered what would happen if a TM applies for another place.....because if your HR dept gets notified wouldn't many of them start to give the TM a hard time about wanting to leave their store?

Before I was promoted to GSA at my home store, I applied for the position at the other store in town. Never heard anything about it from HR. I don't know if they knew and just didn't mention anything about it or if they didn't. Never even got interviewed for it so it didn't matter.

But generally speaking, if you apply for a transfer you need to let your current HR know so they can either approve/deny that.

You can only apply for the open ones I believe.
I don't know if it's the same for internal apps at other stores but I applied for a TL spot, at my store, that hadn't been listed yet. eHR let me scroll through a list of all the possible positions but I checked with my ETL to make sure I was applying for the right spot.

I'm wondering if I should try and apply for a TL position. I'm just a little nervous.

I'm wondering if I should try and apply for a TL position. I'm just a little nervous.
You should let your leadership team know you're considering it. There's definitely a lot of prepping that can be going on while something opens up. Target likes to groom their candidates.

You should let your leadership team know you're considering it. There's definitely a lot of prepping that can be going on while something opens up. Target likes to groom their candidates.
If they plan to hire internal for a position, they often already have that person picked out and have been doing some work for a while and just post the position to comply with legalities. So if you never tell your supervisors you're interested in a spot until one suddenly opens, the odds become slim.

If you apply for a position at another store does your HR get notified?
I've often wondered what would happen if a TM applies for another place.....because if your HR dept gets notified wouldn't many of them start to give the TM a hard time about wanting to leave their store?
Your hr does see what you apply for. Last time I checked off for my store and one near me. Both had openings listed that didn't truly exist, but hadn't been closed yet. Which lead to a short chat about if I wanted to leave our store, and if I did why. Other store is closer to home and would be worth the hassle for a tl spot-which is what I told them.

If they plan to hire internal for a position, they often already have that person picked out and have been doing some work for a while and just post the position to comply with legalities. So if you never tell your supervisors you're interested in a spot until one suddenly opens, the odds become slim.
While I agree with the second half of your statement, I have first hand experience that it's not always the case. I interviewed for a TL spot last year and my STL wanted badly for me to get it. My DTL saw otherwise and picked someone from a different store. I'm convinced the only thing that matters during interviews is how well you can talk yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back