Archived Opened TL's Email, Search History Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
TL here. I don't use the search function on my email, but if I did and somebody's name came up I wouldn't really suspect them. Besides the only way for your ETL to prove it would be to pull security footage, zoom in on the screen or keyboard to see YOU typed it, and go from there. They'd also need to care enough in the first place to initiate all that. I've worked at a few different spots and w/several different AP's. None of them would be thrilled if an ETL came to them and said "So can you search through hours of footage to see who spied on my email? Pretty Please?".

AP would probably laugh her out the door.

Learn from your mistake, and move on.

Ever hear the words "Guilty conscience"? That's the only thing you are going through so don't worry about the rest. They are way too busy to check and see if you typed your name. Even if you name popped up, they wouldn't think you did a search. PLUS .....they are supposed to ALWAYS LOG OUT when they walk away. So the one who would be in trouble technically is the person who left their email account and all the other tabs open. Not you.

Don’t say anything you’re overthinking it, in 10+ years I’ve never searched anything in my target email. Technically she could get in trouble for leaving it open too.

Just don’t say anything. They won’t notice an email search history. As you’re typing in search outlook throws suggestions out at you any way so it won’t be noticed. If you really can’t contain yourself then mention that they left their stuff open and you closed it for them and maybe they’ll thank you.

Your honesty is good to see but just let this one slide. We all do something silly once in a while

Nope. You're screwed. Fired. Done. Might as well have emailed your resignation to Brian Cornell while you were in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back