Archived Orientation postponed....NOW WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!! I was so excited to go to orientation today, but when I got there, I was told that my drug screen hadnt come back yet, but the background check did and everything was fine. Talk about a let down!! So I have 2 questins...
1) WHY didnt someone call me earlier today and let me know, instead of having my husband leave work early and then drive to Target in rush hour AND construction

and

2) Does this happen often and how long does this take??

Thanks for your help...

Im just having a feeling that this is something else...heres what happened. After she told (and showed me on the computer) that the drug test results were not yet in, I came home, very disappointed in the whole situation, I called the place that gave the drug test. She told me that Target was given the results on 6/25 at 11:08 am... then called the lady at Target back to tell her that she needs to contact the drug screen company as the lady THERE told me to tell her. She was obviously still in orientation so I left a message for her to call me...orientation has been over for about a half hour now and still no call back.
Now heres where im having an odd feeling that this may have been their way of basically kickin me out...maybe (HOPEFULLY) im just thinking too much...
Earlier in the day today, I was browsing thru these threads and saw that someone said something about,"Please use mouthwash if you smoke, your co-workers will appreciate it."
WELL, I DO smoke and so I brought along our bottle of Listerine and swished it around my mouth just as I was walking into the store tonight because I didnt want to stink liike cigs.So I went in the little room and sat down with everyone else. I suddenly smelled booze....and as I looked around the table for the culprit, I realized it was ME!!! I INSTANTLY went into an anxiety attack. I KNEW if I smelled it on me and thought it was someone else that was drinkng booze, I JUST KNEW everyone else smelled it. The TL left the room for a few minutes and came back in and asked to talk to me in the other room. THATS when she told me that they were still waiting on the drug test results.
I am SO upset about this right now. Am I reading too much into this because I felt like I stunk....or is my intuition telling me whats up!! This just isnt RIGHT!!
Can they lie just to get me outta there? SHe seemed so honest while telling me that I would be in next weeks orientation.
Thanks for listening to me in panic mode while I vent...
P.s. I DONT DRINK...just for the record :)

They could've just lost paperwork. Don't freak out about it. And don't bring this up to them. IF they thought you were drinking, calling them and telling them that you had just used mouthwash is going to make you sound dumb and like you're trying to cover up something you did wrong. Personally, I use mouthwash everyday and I've never smelled like alcohol, so that must've been some really strong mouthwash!

LOL EXACTLY the reason I was in shock!!!! I have NEVER had mouthwash like THAT!! Its the walmart listerine brand (blue)
Never again!!!

Just curious, did the drug test company tell you the results? The results are sent electronically I thought, but I could be wrong so there is no paperwork to lose. I do find it hard to believe that you say the mouthwash made you smell like booze. If you smelled like booze, it's probably because you were drinking. Just being honest. The smell of alcohol from using mouthwash, and the smell of alcohol from drinking are two completely different smells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back