Archived other stores backrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
im curious, do any of your stores backrooms all connected in a way? ive heard other backrooms are just one giant warehouse looking area, or like my store, some of them are scattered through out the store. just curious, how are your guys backrooms like?

ours is mainly one big area in the back and then we have two smaller rooms up front for candy and HBA

Ours is just in the back that runs the length of the store. Nothing in the front or either side. I wish they'd expanded to one side when we got pFresh so we could have gotten back-loading milk coolers, but nobody's perfect. :p I trained at another store and they were set up virtually the same, except in reverse and their ambient room was in a different spot (not surprising since that was an add-on for all of us that was probably constructed uniquely for each store).

The Super-T I work at has a Huge back room. It runs about 60-70 feet deep and then the length of the store all the way across with a much higher ceiling than the sales floor. High enough for 5 shelves of steel locations. The part that runs the length of the store is 26 rows of GM and 1 long "back-wall" of larger items then the steel all over the middle by the docks, receiving and price changes work center. Then the part that runs the length of the store on the side has 18 rows of food and 1 long back-wall of more food as well as the meat cooler, dairy cooler, freezer, and meat freezer then a small section for our sampling team. Every part is connected now that we shut down our garden center so it's fairly simple to get around.

Ours is in the back and runs along the whole back wall of the store. I think we have a small room by electronic's too.

Smallest backroom in our district, but we're a AA store. We have just one big main stockroom that runs most of the length of the back of the store. That's it. Aside from two small stockrooms that each fit only one aisle ( < 10 sections on each side). Every other store in the district has a backroom that either goes two full sides of the store, or is a multi-level store.

Sucks to be us. Stuff stacked to the ceiling, and every casepack shelf is shoe-horned with boxes. Every experienced ETL that comes to our store is mind-blown when they see our backroom, since no one else has more than one row of upper casepack shelves in use and 50%+ of the wacos are empty compared to our 2% empty wacos, with the rest having 4-5+ DPCIs.

Up and down the ladder, up and down the ladder, up and down the ladder, up and down the ladder. Pulling planos and endcaps is always a b****.

Damn that super t backroom sounds insane!

My backroom has a stockroom on ALL sides of the store, the main backroom area is on the backside of the store where receving is, its pritty much one long hallway next to receiving, and then on the side of the store, we have our largest stockroom which has 30 aisles and steel on the back wall. on the otherside of the store, theres our bulk stockroom as well as the compactor, and where we put transition and price change work area and garden area... and on the front part of the store, we have our HBA stockroom and electronics stockroom (or electronics closet because its freakin tiny!) and no these stockrooms are NOT connected and yes, it is a b*tch crossing the store to another stockroom

... and no these stockrooms are NOT connected and yes, it is a b*tch crossing the store to another stockroom

Yeah. I've always said we need an underground tunnel to connect our satellite stockrooms to the main stockroom so we don't have to hit the floor to reach it. During back to school and 4th quarter I send people to the bigger satellite stockroom in at least pairs when it comes time to pull the CAFs over there. They act as blockers, cannon fodder, run interference, etc. against guests for each other so that at least one of them can get there in one piece to pull the batches in time.

The cushy-chaired salaried corporate people reading the board are probably sh***ing themselves reading that. Sorry, but my highly overworked, severely underhoured backroom staff don't feel bad them.

Ours is just two large sections in the back of the store. It's the whole length and we have three rows for large product near our pull line end and columns like a library on the other end.

My backroom runs the full length of store both the back and 1 side. 48 aisles in my main stockroom, Recieving area has 5 rows of steel both areas are about 1/2 of back of store. Side stockroom that runs the side of the store is 2 stockrooms, 1 is beverage stockroom with its own steel, and the other is GRC2 stockroom divided into 3 sections 1 for each section of GRC2. Candy and Buck stockroom upfront.

Almost every Super Target has a stockroom to be envious of. My old store started as a GM and was soon-after remodeled to pFresh. When they had to shoe-horn two extra coolers and an ambient room in there, the stockroom lost like 6 aisles and went from effective to useless. Receiving lost a handful of steel sections and became narrower. The remodel effed them over.

My first store was a super target and had two backrooms--a giant one on the food side of the store and a smaller (but still pretty good sized) back room on the GM side of the store.
My current store's back room runs the length of the back of the store, along with a small HBA stockroom and the p-fresh dairy, meat, produce, and ambient room in the front of the store.

3 floors in my old store

Basement - Main receiving, compactor, bailer, reverse log, pfresh coolers/freezers/ambient room
1st floor - Guest level. Secondary receiving for c&s and vendors (chargeback located here too) and it also doubled as dry market/hba stockroom. Photo stockroom, and a GE stockroom.
2nd floor - Guest level. Softlines hanging/shoe stockroom. Signing/ad prep stockroom. Fixture/POG room. Electronics stockroom. Secondary fixture room/bike building area with another bailer.

Total stockrooms: 9.

The basement/1st/2nd floors were connected by 3 huge freight elevators.

The worst thing is when you have a small stockroom, and you are extra high volume store... that is my store. It gets messy in a day. Our Electronics, Toys and Shoes have separate rooms, everything else is on one floor (we are not pfresh).

The backroom at my store runs 2/3 the length of one side, the other 1/3 being receiving. Our store was remodeled for P-Fresh, and we have a walk-in cooler to keep chilled dairy products and load milk on inclined shelving that guests have access to. The backroom has aisles numbered 1 through 55, but a few aisles were lost during the remodel. My only complaints about the backroom are that (1) the freezer is small and cramped and there is not enough room for the bakery goods we get from DC to be 100% located and (2) how it is located on the opposite side of the store from guest services, whereas whenever someone from the backroom team is called upon to bring something up there for a guest request, that person has to travel across the store just to drop off the item(s) to fulfill the request.

View attachment 304

3 floors in my old store

Basement - Main receiving, compactor, bailer, reverse log, pfresh coolers/freezers/ambient room
1st floor - Guest level. Secondary receiving for c&s and vendors (chargeback located here too) and it also doubled as dry market/hba stockroom. Photo stockroom, and a GE stockroom.
2nd floor - Guest level. Softlines hanging/shoe stockroom. Signing/ad prep stockroom. Fixture/POG room. Electronics stockroom. Secondary fixture room/bike building area with another bailer.

that backroom sounds like it would be fun to work in lol

no joke though, i HATE scattered stockrooms... i know it dosent take long to get from one stockroom to another, but sometimes it feels like a "lord of the rings" quest just trying to get there

I had no idea other stores had split up stockrooms. I have a hard enough time teaching my trainees to not waste time running back and forth from our main to the bulk racking in receiving, I can't imagine what they would do with scattered stockrooms. Though it does sound helpful to have BUCK and CNDY up closer to the checklanes.

Our backroom is one big connected unit, spanning half of one side of the store (a small room for HBA), then continuing down a whole side around the corner. Our main stockroom (1-18, some A, B, C, D block and softlines, a separate locked room for electronics backstock, as well as all PFresh related stuff) and receiving (3 levels of steel, large/bulk items as well as light duty aisles for market and seasonal) are only separated by a fire aisle. The only time I have to go on the salesfloor is to get to the break room or to bring items out for guests. It's a good system, but guest services is literally on the opposite side of the store, and on a busy day when you're stopped to help guests five times in between, it's a pain.

We're not a high volume store, but visiting ETLs/BPs/whatever are always amazed at how tiny our stockroom is. We can get a little tight on space during the busy times of the year.

Life would be easier in our store if the electronics backroom was located in the back with the rest of the backroom. Having to run across the store 5 or 6 times a day when a lot of the hours all you need is a pack of batteries or a book wastes so much time. The rest of the backroom is at least connected, although it still span the entire back of the store and down one side. If we could get people to backstock in the correct areas we would be more efficient, but diapers end up in chemicals, grocery in the GM stockroom, etc.....and all I get from the TL in the back is "Oh well!"....inspiring!

3 floors in my old store

I've worked in a two story back room covering for a tragedy that happened at a local store, at first I thought it was awesome but after about an hour it sucked going up and down. :(

3 floors in my old store

I've worked in a two story back room covering for a tragedy that happened at a local store, at first I thought it was awesome but after about an hour it sucked going up and down. :(

Yeah, wait until an elevator breaks. Then it's soooo much fun. When Sandy hit, we were open on generator power. So, no elevators. A guest wanted a 65" TV to replace one that was damaged by the storm or something. Took me and two other guys to carry it up the fire stairs from the basement.

A+ P-Fresh. We have a split stockroom that runs the whole length of the store and a smaller stockroom in the front. One side of the backroom is mainly light-duty and has the electronics stockroom. The other side is mostly bulk and receiving. This side also has the ambient room, produce cooler, and meat cooler. The front stockroom, which is near P-Fresh, has all of dry market (except vendor products, which are in receiving), plus the freezer and dairy cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back