Archived Other stores merchandise received..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearanceMaster

Price Accuracy TM
Hahaha its me. Another question here..

We received a box full of pillows at our store. The casepack says it is supposed to be Fieldcrest Luxury but inside in fact is Mainstays brand pillows. Well I told the guy in receiving and he said he doesn't think we can do anything about it to get credit for it. We also don't want to as is it. I mean, how would we look selling walmart brand merchandise? Any clue on what I do? My LOD is dancing around the question and I'm just getting tired of it clogging up our NOF tub.. Can I just toss them?

Don't you give NOFs to the Price Accuracy TL?
We got Wal-Mart merchandise once, I think it was food, but I don't remember what happened to it.
I found this in another thread
I have no idea what we do *behind the scenes* (if we call anyone and let them know or anything), but when we get a "mis-ship" and end up with someone else's food-- for instance, today we were delivered 200 McDonalds Apple Pies!-- we get to eat them. It's fantastic! When it's edible and we either really can't or really shouldn't sell it, we get to eat it. Like, when it says Great Value (obviously Walmart) or clearly says another store's name on it, etc. But if it's a brand we just don't carry typically, sometimes we'll put it out "as is" and sell it for a fraction of the regular price.

Our whole price accuracy team deals with NOFs not just our TL. And its usually me who does them because Friday is the only day we have time and I'm the only one scheduled.. Thanks though.. I will see about donating the pillows.. I just don't want to AS-IS it because its got walmarts brand name on it.

We got some Walgreens brand Kleenex once. Someone just put them out over an Up & Up shelf label. Then all of a sudden they disappeared. I did see one of the boxes floating around clerical but nothing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back