Archived Overnights NO HATS ! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the handbook, and just to cover myself, I even looked the handbook up at work online. There is NO mention of no hats allowed, just as there is no mention of having to tuck your shirt in (our ETL's and STL's love to gripe about that one). Our SFT always wears a hat, and nobody says anything to him. So, until someone can show me in BLACK AND WHITE where it specifically states that I CAN NOT wear a hat, mine stays on. And if mine has to be removed, so does the SFT.

Last edited:
I have read the handbook, and just to cover myself, I even looked the handbook up at work online. There is NO mention of no hats allowed, just as there is no mention of having to tuck your shirt in (our ETL's and STL's love to gripe about that one). Our SFT always wears a hat, and nobody says anything to him. So, until someone can show me in BLACK AND WHITE where it specifically states that I CAN NOT wear a hat, mine stays on. And if mine has to be removed, so does the SFT.

My personal feeling is ---- wear the hat --

But - there's a rule that if an SFT could be working near and around machinery - then he can wear this hat --

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzEzLTAwMzc4LmpwZw.jpg

I have 3 of them - and never wear them
rolleyes5.gif

SFT's are lucky.
They get to wear entirely different outfits and can fly under the radar.

Careful Subzero, you will find that E's can make up stuff and back it up with 'the good of the store'.
Trying to play store lawyer doesn't go very far, since there isn't anyone to back you (like a union).
On that note, greetings and salutations.
Welcome to the board.

SFT's are lucky.
They get to wear entirely different outfits and can fly under the radar.

There are perks to it, yeah, but it's not all great. We can't just wear whatever style we want, there is only one type of pants we all wear, and one shirt(short or long sleeve), although they are covered by the company. Dark colors of heavy cotton can make for a rather warm day at times, especially when you have to work on your roof HVAC units later in the day. Heavy steel toe shoes, even if they are Red Wings. What I wouldn't give for a pair of cargo pants again...

. Dark colors of heavy cotton can make for a rather warm day at times, especially when you have to work on your roof HVAC units later in the day

Ok "Weed-Hopper" listen to the master ---

When your on a roof - all alone except for the seagulls dropping chicken bones on you --

Ya-ready --

Take the shirt off --
0a9a9574.gif

I bring up a bag with a white T-shirt and shorts -- 2 plus hours changing "X" amount of filters and such -- I'm going to be a little bit cooler - and do them on a windy day - start on the leeward side and finish off on the windward side - work across the roof -- into the wind -- there's nothing like having 90 deg. air get to 120 degs. blowing in your face by the time it picks up the reflected heat offa the roof
rolleyes5.gif

Now try to snatch the pebble from my hand
rofl.gif

PS - a little cooler with ice water - will keep you from re-kitting every time you need to go back into the madness
thumbsup.gif

No SBS, I'm not up for my PMs or anything, just on the days I have no response from the IOP and need to confirm a problem unit. Geez, give me a little credit now, lol.

Is that hill really worth getting on your leaders' bad side over?

have to work on your roof HVAC units later in the day

A little thread hi-jack --

Now that you have been-in a while you'll like this --

A while ago I was asked to do a little HVAC maintenance at a store where the SFT was let go --

On the roof - a beach chair with empty beer bottles all over the place --- but --

With a little caption for the HVAC challenged
crazy.gif

Residential filter in a commercial unit ?

2d8e4ece.jpg

They said this one was leaking into the store -- for years --

a63d0e51.jpg

Before and after

fd525cca.jpg

a301064d.gif

And the black / green gelatinous goo on the deck came out of that one --

b5f3e4f6.jpg

Before -- and this wasn't the worse one
puke.gif

e9511c21.jpg

They were all like this
toetap05.gif

8a0de538.jpg

Hi-jack off
notworthy.gif

Last edited:
Ok "Weed-Hopper" listen to the master ---

When your on a roof - all alone except for the seagulls dropping chicken bones on you --

Ya-ready --

Take the shirt off --
0a9a9574.gif

I bring up a bag with a white T-shirt and shorts -- 2 plus hours changing "X" amount of filters and such -- I'm going to be a little bit cooler - and do them on a windy day - start on the leeward side and finish off on the windward side - work across the roof -- into the wind -- there's nothing like having 90 deg. air get to 120 degs. blowing in your face by the time it picks up the reflected heat offa the roof
rolleyes5.gif

Now try to snatch the pebble from my hand
rofl.gif

PS - a little cooler with ice water - will keep you from re-kitting every time you need to go back into the madness
thumbsup.gif

Shoot. I'm getting sick of throwing away pallets of filters... Doesn't anyone check up on if the SFT are doing their job or do they only go by what is entered in the computer?

Shoot. I'm getting sick of throwing away pallets of filters... Doesn't anyone check up on if the SFT are doing their job or do they only go by what is entered in the computer?

Blame their DFM, they are suppose to make sure they are doing their job. Same as a STL who flubs their numbers somehow and blows smoke up the DTL's backside, or a TL who sugarcoats and brown noses their ETL.

Lets see --

When there's a problem and the guy with the HVAC EPA license writes on the ticket -- "Changed out dirty filters and cleaned coils" :wacko:

And when my boss pops his head through the roof hatch like a gopher and does look at a few units --

And the menopausal team members notice the 2 degree rise in temperature on the sales floor ---

Yea they know --

Well SBS I can defiantly see some of the motivation for the other stores SFT being replaced. Unfortunately TGT's a little to concerned with LOS and we all know that contributes to pencil whipping PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back