• Thread starter BRHooligan
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRHooligan

One of the PA's at my store just got promoted to Sr TL at another and she and the Consumables SrTL at my store have invited me to apply for PA. I know I've pretty much got the spot and the interview is just a formality, but I'm wondering what kind of general things I'll be asked? I'd like to prep so I don't screw anything up.

Will going from backroom to PA be a hard transition or very easy?

"Are you willing to do the exact same job as your CTL for $3 less per hour?"

PA is the consumables version of GSA.
Yeah, but I have a bigger gap from tm to pa than most stores do from cashier to gsa. I make double what the gsa premium bump at my store is.

I've heard they were pretty easy and similar to what your original interview would have been. The biggest step really is having the team's baking.

Mine were the same questions I got when I was hired as a salesfloor TM.

Usually the PA interview is more of a way to gauge the talent and potential of the person they know they want to be a PA. So if you impress during this interview, you'll probably be put into the pipeline for a TL. All but 2 of the PA's I've seen have become TL's, and those 2 were in the pipeline, but quit for another job before they got benched. The PA position is an excellent prep position for a SFTL

Reactions: pfa
Usually the PA interview is more of a way to gauge the talent and potential of the person they know they want to be a PA. So if you impress during this interview, you'll probably be put into the pipeline for a TL. All but 2 of the PA's I've seen have become TL's, and those 2 were in the pipeline, but quit for another job before they got benched. The PA position is an excellent prep position for a SFTL

Sweet. I've already been brought up in some sort of team lead/promotional meeting a few months ago (from what the Consumables Sr. TL has told me) but was turned down because a rumor spread that I was planning on quitting. Hopefully I get PA and do well enough to be on the bench for SFTL.

Thanks everyone.

I'd advise that you know the Organic process. The module is on Workbench. The SDA (Short-Date-Audit) process is another one that you'd be accountable for periodically. Both can get you bad marks on your Steritech visit if not done properly.

yeah like hardlinesmaster said you've most likely already been chosen and whatever you say in the interview doesn't matter mine consisted of a conversation with my then TL as i walked out my STL said you'll be on the next schedule. kind of sucks how the two other people who also applied still haven't gotten an answer on when their interview is ;/

My interview will be today. The CTL isn't really one to just "have a chat" during an interview despite her being so cool so I feel like there IS a chance I won't be picked. She knows how hard I work in backroom and is super cool with me so I guess I shouldn't be too worried!

Welp here goes nothing.

How did it go?

Ack. First interview with the CTL went great I thought. She even told me everything I said was totally fine when she asked me whether or not I was worried about the second one. The ETL that interviewed me (who coincidentally hired me also) brought in a trainee ETL which just added pressure. I feel like I did well on 3 out of the 4 questions she asked me but the fourth was so awkwardly phrased. Then mid story I asked her to repeat it. Then I babbled out something that I highly believe didn't answer her question. I just didn't have a REAL answer for it because I was never put in that situation.

Overall I went from 80% sure I got the job to maybe a 50/50 shot.

She also said that they have 1 more person to interview and that we'll know who's been chosen next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you did fine. Besides, they invited you to apply, so you've got a really good chance. My fingers are crossed for you.
PA's a crazy, busy, frustrating, over-whelming position, but I love it.

Thanks for the kind words! Definitely helps when everyone I've talked to about it is on my side. Here's to hoping I get it!

Being a good PA, although IMO is one of the most frustrating positions in the store, but it is also probably the easiest to earn the respect of your entire store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back