Archived PA position

Status
Not open for further replies.

new kid

eight different bosses.
i've worked at target for about 7 or 8 months, in hardlines.
a pa position opened up, and one of our etls is pushing for me to get the spot.
i have a few days to decide if i want it.

what are some positives and negatives about working in a pa position?

edit-

eventually, i'd also like to get a TL spot, and they want someone 'passionate' to take this new opening.
the person who was previously there stepped down due to issues in the department.

Last edited:
i believe its pfresh

I'm a new-ish PA, so here's my take.

It really depends on the state of the pFresh in your store. Does your Market team get hours? What's the daily schedule look like? What sort of tasks are the PA's and Market TM's expected to do?

For me, it was easy; we have a very strong food culture at my store so PA is a VERY good position to be in. Practically full time (lowest weekly hours I've pulled since starting is 35 and normally it is close to 40), set schedule with rotating weekends and of course the PG9 pay grade doesn't hurt either. There are two PA's at my store and the Market hours are 6am-9:30/10:30pm (depending on how many hours they give us; lately it's 9:30 but when I started it was 10:30). Right now we only get mids on the weekend but during the busy seasons we'll get more help.

But, if your store doesn't give Market a lot of hours and you have a LOT of expectations set on you, it's going to be a lot rougher. I trained at a ULV where the Market team was extremely bare-bones and only had coverage until 7pm or so. It was hard to get tasks done, or worse, they just didn't get done at all.

Still, the PG9 doesn't hurt; it's the highest non-TL pay grade out there, I believe. And it's a good position to be in if you're looking to move up because you will have a lot of opportunity to show your strengths and work with a lot of ETL's and the STL and drive strong results in your area. That is, if the expectations aren't totally whack.

If your store isn't like pfreshdude's store, you can probably handle it.

lol. My STORE is actually pretty awesome and everyone there is great. Its just the expecations with the low ammount of hours we have is a tad to much

That's what I meant. I don't understand how you guys get green Steritech visits.

Well as far as Steritech goes its not just the market team involved in that. To have green Steritech visits your whole store has to pitch in. We have Starbucks and Food ave up at the front which was what cost us our last non green score I believe. They usually check there first to make sure everything is ok, and they usually find something minor. On the floor the flow team and salesfloor teams are both involved while pushing the GM truck and CAFs. If they are fifoing and finding outdates that helps tremendously. Then our C+S team is also very good about Fifoing, pulling expiring product, and entering items in the SDA if needed =). Then there is Freshness Friday in which we usually always find a full cart of QMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back