Par forms

I believe it’s checked every day as long as someone is in. As long as they have a form by the time payroll is done on Monday any backfill should be on your check if that’s what you’re worried about.

I was fired for attendance because i was on a final but havent got a hit sense being put on final. The day before getting fired (which was over voicemail so i never got to talk to anyone to ask any questions or nothing) i was really sick and so i used my sick time and im wondering if they never saw my parform or what because i thought they dont fire you unless you get another occurrence after the final? I worked there for a year and a half. Thank you for the response any help is very appreciated!

Calling in sick is placed under accountable time except in very special circumstances. If you were on a CA for reliability and proceed to call in, to your manager you're doing the equivalent of saying "I don't care I don't need this job".

Also if you're on a final in one performance factor anything you related to that performance factor can be held against you and result in termination. Hence why they call it a final.

I didnt call in i talked to my om and he signed out the par form to use my sick time. I dont know if it is diffrent in other states but in Oregon if you use sick time that time is protected and you cant get a hit for it but only if you have the correct amount of time

I thought they were basically ignoring accountable time due to the virus anyway. I can’t speak to sick time as it’s not a thing in my state.
I’d call HR at your DC and ask whatever questions you have.

Wait. So did you call in? Or did you just hand in the par form after your OM signed it and not call in the next day?

Because if you didn't call in then you NCNS. If you tell your manager you're going to call in tomorrow you're placed in the staffing and the OAG as "call expected" which means you still need to call in.

Oh sorry i can see how that was confusing. I came into work and tried to push through the day but couldnt so i basically just left early. I didnt come in the next day because the next day is when i recieved the voicemail saying im fired. The par form i filled out was to cover the time i missed after leaving early which is allowed at the dc i worked at (the leaving early if sick and backfilling ) i hope that clarifys things :)

Leaving early, being late and calling out all count as occurences regardless of whether or not you use sick time. Sick time just means you get paid. That all still falls under accountable time.

How long ago did you get the final? And how many accountable hours/occurences did you have before you got fired.

“In 2015 the Oregon legislature passed SB 454 requiring all employers to allow employees to earn and use up to 40 hours of protected sick time each year. The law went into effect in January 2016. Nearly every employer in Oregon must comply with the law. All employers must provide up to 40 hours of unpaid protected sick time per year. Employers that employ at least 10 employees in Oregon (six if the employer has operations in Portland) must provide that protected sick time with pay. An employee may not be disciplined or terminated for taking protected sick time.”

The way I read that, as long as you use sick time you can’t be touched in Oregon.

Last edited:
You are correct, you legally can not be terminated for using sick time so thats why im extremely confused. I would think the upper people would know the law 🤔

And the inncodent that got mw on final happened 2 months before getting fired but they didnt hive me the final until 2 days before they fired me. I had no occurrences for that 2 month period.

So, the way things were explained to me when getting put on CA was they look at trends over the past 90 days. So if I missed a day in January but didn't miss again until let's say July it wouldn't affect my reliability but if I missed a day in January, February, and in March Id at the very least get coaching then a write up for the next occurrence. Now I hope a more experienced TM can correct me if I make an error. After your put on a CA, you have a window that if another occurrence happens it's automatically bumped up. For example, I was put on a CA for having a few safety incidents. Then two months later I scratched a rack while making a turn. I was put on a final the next week. I think it is called the critical period (90 days). If I did anything that compromised saftey then I'd be terminated. So, my thought in your situation would be they had you on final and didn't notify you properly. Then, when you missed again they terminated. I may have misunderstood your situation and if I did I sincerely apologize. I'm sure HR can answer the questions you have.

Back