Partner considering going back to Target as a VM

My wife was a Style Team Lead for 3 years and then over the last couple of years has worked at a few other retail stores (smaller, assistant manager type positions). She's considering going back to Target in a VM role (she has plenty of retail experience, including as a VM in other types of retail.

Anything important she should know about? Looks like the payscale is same/similar to a TL nowadays?

Also, do VM's still end up working every other weekend like she had to do at a TL ?

Also, would a VM normally be guaranteed full-time hours, or are they considered to be just like a TM?

It seems like a pretty good gig. They are at the TL paygrade and are treated more like a TL then a TM. I don't pay attention to the VMs days off because I don't work in Style, but our VM never works nights. At my store, they are FT. They also have to use the powered equip. I hope your partner isn't afraid of heights.

It seems like a pretty good gig. They are at the TL paygrade and are treated more like a TL then a TM. I don't pay attention to the VMs days off because I don't work in Style, but our VM never works nights. At my store, they are FT. They also have to use the powered equip. I hope your partner isn't afraid of heights.

Not afraid of heights at all...she used to climb ladders to do showroom VM stuff (including adjusting lighting), so pretty normal stuff for her.

Vm is a pretty good gig at spot. Usually work monday through friday early shifts. I have also seen a vm scheduled sunday through thursday. That does change occassionally for large vmgs and resets sometimes an overnight shift here or there. Many stores treat them as a style tl which style is a big part of there job but not all of it. Same pay grade as TLs

Our VM had weekends off unless there was a special set for the ad, like a designer collection. She also had a set schedule during the week, no nights. The downside was that our VM was supposed to be the same level as a TL, but was treated more like a TM. ASANTS, I think that was just our particular store’s way of doing things. Good luck to your wife.😁

Thanks for all the feedback - sounds like the role would be a great fit with a fairly decent schedule. She had an in-person interview today that went well and an interview at another store next week so hoping one of them works out!

Back