Archived Pay grade and stepping down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store their is a TL who was a paygrade 13 with experience pay she recently decided to leave target for another job. My Hr begged her to stay and just step down. She stepped down to a cashier who cover breaks at guest service once every 2 weeks. One shift every 2 weeks but she stayed at her current pay is that right?

If the pay stays the same I want to step down if they try to lower my pay if they didnt lower hers.

Stepping down isn't something the company allows very often. You probably don't know all of the circumstances and conversations involved. More often than not your choice is "no" or "see ya". If you're a TL that really wants to step down and you have legitimate reasons then I'd suggest you discuss it with HR.

We had a GSTL step down and they told her she had to transfer because she was privy to confidential "TL level" information about other team members in the store.

At my store their is a TL who was a paygrade 13 with experience pay she recently decided to leave target for another job. My Hr begged her to stay and just step down. She stepped down to a cashier who cover breaks at guest service once every 2 weeks. One shift every 2 weeks but she stayed at her current pay is that right?

I've seen a few self-demotions from my store and nearby stores, and with all of the one's they just do the opposite of calculating a raise for a higher pay grade position. Example:

If somebody jumps from N07 to N13, they might get a 3.25(guesswork) raise.
If somebody goes down from N13 to N07, they might get a 3.25(guesswork) cut.

I've seen a few self-demotions from my store and nearby stores, and with all of the one's they just do the opposite of calculating a raise for a higher pay grade position. Example:

If somebody jumps from N07 to N13, they might get a 3.25(guesswork) raise.
If somebody goes down from N13 to N07, they might get a 3.25(guesswork) cut.

This is what my store usually does but not this case

In my store we were all told that in order to step down we had to have a medical reason....anyone know what qualifies as a medical reason for a flow team lead to step down? Does stressed out count!?

In my store we were all told that in order to step down we had to have a medical reason....anyone know what qualifies as a medical reason for a flow team lead to step down? Does stressed out count!?

If you have a doctors note, yes it does.

What if my HR is a hater....lol

Sometimes you have to deal with smegheads.
The way you do that is document, document, document and stay cool.
Have everything set up so they can't say no and if they do, don't lose it, go over their head.

When I asked about stepping down I met with my STL and thanked him for the opportunity to learn and for the confidence he had in me. Then I explained my reasons for stepping down and how I would use the TL experience and knowledge in the capacity of a tm, acknowledging that the most difficult part would be to know when to step back because I no longer had the TL responsibilities or authority. We had a good, frank discussion. I was allowed to step down. You have to be professional, have a plan, acknowledge that the company has invested in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back