Archived Pay Grade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone! I have been wondering this for a while now and don't seem to find the answers I am looking for. I have been with Target about a year now. I work in Instocks and the Backroom. If the paygrade is 5 for instocks and 7 for Backroom? Why doesn't the difference between the two reflect on your paycheck?

From my understanding you should be keyed as a team member in the department where you spend more than 50% of your time. If you are keyed as a backroom team member but work instocks for the day, you will still get the back room pay. Because so many team members are so global it would be a nightmare to pay them for whichever area they are in for the day or even 1/2 day. A good HR will make sure that you are keyed correctly and scheduled in your primary work center for the majority of your hours.

Hello Everyone! I have been wondering this for a while now and don't seem to find the answers I am looking for. I have been with Target about a year now. I work in Instocks and the Backroom. If the paygrade is 5 for instocks and 7 for Backroom? Why doesn't the difference between the two reflect on your paycheck?

im in the same situation, I'm keyed in as Salesfloor but I am constantly working under Plano for over a year and currently cross training under Instocks. Another TM told me we would ask for back pay, I doubt i meet the requirements for that and sounds like a big hassle. I was just wondering if maybe my raise sucks, which I hope doesn't!, can I ask for a better raise?

My understanding, and this is only from what happened with me and a direct coworker(we were hired 2 weeks apart): did you start on IS or Backroom? We started Backroom(early-am if you care), but moved to Instocks. However, we got to keep backroom pay. There has never been any mention of pay being docked for being pushed into IS, however that could be the choice of the ETL team I was with.

Another TM told me we would ask for back pay, I doubt i meet the requirements for that and sounds like a big hassle.

I got back pay when I switched from cashier to photo, and the only thing I had to do was ask my ETL-HR about it, then show her my past schedules (which were all saved in Google Calendar on my phone) that showed how long I'd consistently been in photo. I got like 6 months of back pay, it was awesome. The only real requirement for back pay, afaik, is that you have to be in that workcenter for more than 50% of your hours, which it sounds like you meet.

If 50% or more of your hours are in a higher pay grade, you are eligible for a raise AND back pay. It is mandatory, so your hr will have to do it. Don't let your store screw you!

If 50% or more of your hours are in a higher pay grade, you are eligible for a raise AND back pay. It is mandatory, so your hr will have to do it. Don't let your store screw you!

How would I bring something like this up? 100% of my shifts have been in a different paygrade for over a month now and I'm still being paid as a lower paygrade. I was told if this was brought up, I would be denied the pay and would be yanked from that area (which I love working in) and shoved back on a register.

How would I bring something like this up? 100% of my shifts have been in a different paygrade for over a month now and I'm still being paid as a lower paygrade. I was told if this was brought up, I would be denied the pay and would be yanked from that area (which I love working in) and shoved back on a register.

As Long as you were actually promoted into the area, you should be keyed into that paygrade. If it was a temporary thing to cover a vacation or something, it wouldn't necessarily mean a paygrade change. It sounds like you are in that area permanently though, since you've been working so many shifts there, so I would definitely talk to the ETL-HR about it. There is no reason to be nervous about asking for the raise and back pay. I have done this a few times at my store when we've moved tms. I look at it as an ethical thing, so it makes sense to me to back pay if a promotion wasn't put in the system on time.

Yes, they could shove you back to a register, but they would have to first pay you for all of the hours you worked in that work area before doing so. I would consider it an ethical violation for them to stop scheduling you in that area simply because you ask to be paid what that position pays... You could really give them a lot of grief for that, so I doubt they would do it.

Just simply let them know that you heard the position you have been working in pays better, and if you can get switched over to that new paygrade. You are SUPPOSED to get back pay as well, but it is up to them whether they change you into that pay grade going forward. If they tell you anything differently, they're effectively screwing you over and I would talk to the STL or HRBP. It is a corporate policy to provide back pay if 50% or more of your hours are consistently in a higher paygrade.

I would first approach your ETL-HR with this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back