Archived Pay online pick up in store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have a question about the pay online pick up in store prices. What happens if you order an item with a price of $99.99. And when you get in the store you see there is a store price cut to $75.99. What price do you pay? Online or store price??

Last edited:
You aren't charged for the "pick up in store" order until you actually pick it up. It would be at the online price, though.

So, you'd just buy the item off the shelf and not pick up your order. Then you can cancel it online or just never pick it up and it will cancel automatically after a certain number of days. Or, if you already picked up the order, just return it and buy the one on the shelf.

I think there is a way to adjust the price before the payment goes through...but I can double check that today when I go in to be sure. But once you have paid for it, you would need to return it and, depending on the reason why it's a lower price, buy a new one or just resell the one you returned.

That said, I would think that would be pretty rare...unless it's a store specific TPC, I cannot think of a reason this would ever happen as overhead is always lower online so their prices will always be the same or lower.

I can't remember if there's a way to change the price on the ipad or not, but if there is a lower price in the store or if the guest happened to have a coupon, I'll generally just cancel the order with the reasoning of "POS needed" and then proceed to ring it up as a normal transaction.

You aren't charged until the order is confirmed on the iPad. Just cancel the order and purchase the item at whatever price is the best. I've canceled the order because I sold a REDCard so the guest could get the discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back