Archived Paycheck policy if you were terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently was terminated from Target for a NCNS. What is their policy for the final paychecks? I forgot to ask about it and they never brought it up. Do they mail to you, or do you pick up like you regularly do?

I put it at the service desk for Friday check pick up. If it is still there on the following Wednesday, I mail them out.

The final payout depends on what state you are in and the state law requirements in your state. Somewhat generally speaking I would say you will either get paid this coming Friday or next Friday, but your best choice is to either call your HR or the TMSC 800-394-1885 tomorrow or next Tuesday to get the details about your final pay. Best of luck to you. Did you have 3 No Call No Shows in a row?
I recently was terminated from Target for a NCNS. What is their policy for the final paychecks? I forgot to ask about it and they never brought it up. Do they mail to you, or do you pick up like you regularly do?

usually they will call you back in after about 7 days to give you your final check, severance pay, 50 dollar gift card, and after encouraging you to apply for unemployment benefits they give you an information packet on your states unemployment office, then they say "we are turning our backs for 30 minutes, so if you want to play any pranks, get revenge on anybody here, or steal anything, MAKE IT QUICK!"

Oh and the Stl and Etl-hr give you letters of recommendation!

usually they will call you back in after about 7 days to give you your final check, severance pay, 50 dollar gift card, and after encouraging you to apply for unemployment benefits they give you an information packet on your states unemployment office, then they say "we are turning our backs for 30 minutes, so if you want to play any pranks, get revenge on anybody here, or steal anything, MAKE IT QUICK!"

oh I laughed out loud! So hilarious!!!

I hope you have gotten your final pay by now
The final payout depends on what state you are in and the state law requirements in your state. Somewhat generally speaking I would say you will either get paid this coming Friday or next Friday, but your best choice is to either call your HR or the TMSC 800-394-1885 tomorrow or next Tuesday to get the details about your final pay. Best of luck to you. Did you have 3 No Call No Shows in a row?

I thought that when a person is terminated that they are sent their final paycheck. In Ohio, its an at-will state which means they can fire you at any time, but when they fire you I thought that they had to have your final check available at the time of your firing.......or that once you are fired you are not expected to have to return to your former place of employment.

Actually, it is probably different by state and by individual companies.

Yes, it varies, there are 3 categories of states, ones that require you to be paid out immediated whether voluntary or involuntary, ones that require immediate pay only if involuntary, and states that only require you to be paid out on your next regularly scheduled pay day.
I thought that when a person is terminated that they are sent their final paycheck. In Ohio, its an at-will state which means they can fire you at any time, but when they fire you I thought that they had to have your final check available at the time of your firing.......or that once you are fired you are not expected to have to return to your former place of employment.

true - different rules apply a far as paying out at termination, or on your next check.

I wish it was like that

if they havent mailed you anything after two weeks i would go in there... they will probably have it there waiting... i think they mail them out after a wile if you dont pick them up...

OK, I will try that. Is there a way I can determine a etl's email address or are they pretty unique?

I hope people who are terminated recognize their rights to apply for unemployment. And that they have their facts prepared to avoid a denial of that deserved benefit.
I wish it was like that

OK, I will try that. Is there a way I can determine a etl's email address or are they pretty unique?

there are occasions where the first name may be the full name - or not - or if the name is exactly the same as another team member - it happens - the name might be followed by a number.

I've seen it happen at least twice at our building.

it can vary a little sometimes, butgenerally it is usually firstname.lastname@target.com, but I would not recommend using this form of communication without first getting their approval.
there are occasions where the first name may be the full name - or not - or if the name is exactly the same as another team member - it happens - the name might be followed by a number.

I've seen it happen at least twice at our building.

Clearly I had a very long day. As I was reading this I was thinking to myself, "that's so cool! When you leave they give you a $50 gift card?! I'm going to text so-in-so to see if they got their gift card!" UGH. Hilarious though, even if I didn't understand at first! haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back