Archived PCV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is a PCV?..and how does one clear it on the LPDA/PDA..and whos responsibility is it..according to BP :huh:

Each time a cashier changes a price at a register, it shows on the Price Challenge Verification, or PCV. The purpose of the PCV is to make sure that the items in question have the proper signing (or that the signs are in the right places). I'm not sure how one goes about clearing all the items, seeing as I've never actually done the PCV. The PCV is the responsibility of the LOD, but many ETLs like to delegate it to their underlings because it gets in the way of meal planning/social hour.

Note: when you're doing ad takedown, any sign that is Not Found will show on the next day's PCV so that the LOD can make sure the sign isn't still there. If you and the opening LOD get along, try to Not Found as seldom as possible.

A lot of stores call it PCV but I believe it is now called PCC.
I don't mind when it gets delegated to me, especially days where there's 70 or more tasks (signs to check or PCV price audits).

We used to have our pricing team handle Price Challenge as long as their workload allowed it, but that was before the sign audit was added to it.

The only way to "clear it" is to actually go around the store and do it. It will ask you why the item's price was changed (either items in the wrong spot, expired sign, current sale sign missing, etc) and will then tell you to correct it (either by removing old signs or printing new ones). If you can't find an item, you can manually enter 49 then the items DPCI into the PDA, but that will get flagged and look bad on your PCV report. ALWAYS try to find the label or the actual item. Do not use the 49 technique multiple times or unless it is really necessary and you can't find the label or item.

If you don't complete PCV by 12pm and 5pm each day when they drop, it is very bad for your stores metrics.

On Sundays and Tuesdays the SIGN portion is ridiculous! Sundays it's awful because of ad-set and Tuesdays because of new movie/music/book releases.
I worked through PCC on Sunday and scanned at least 50 signs (in one department) that were up that the system didn't think were up.

Wouldn't this get fixed when the cashier asked a TM to verify it? What does the person doing the PCV do if it has already been fixed? Also, how do you know if something qualifies for a valid price challenge?

At my store the LOD is in charge of clearing the PCV. In the PCV it will show items that were price challenged at the register. It also has a sign audit.
The LOD usually completed this on his/her own, but ever since the sign portion was added they ask for assistance.
I actually like doing the PCV, I just hate the signing portion since it's huge. I'm guessing this is because we "not found" on ad takedown.

konk said:
What does the person doing the PCV do if it has already been fixed?
You can hit "looks okay"
You could say "signing" or whatever was wrong with it, but that would just create extra steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back