Archived PDA and MyDevice 'manuals'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Black Dream
It seems to me that learning the intricacies of these devices are more of a dark art requiring someone who has learned it from a predecessor to pass on the knowledge as in a tribal system (in my last job, it was literally called 'tribal knowledge'). I realize that the systems are somewhat complicated and being updated regularly with some operations being added, removed, or moved around in the process. Is there a definitive source or, at the least, a respectable source of information on the system and the processes and operations for these devices? When it comes to learning, I not only want 'on the fly' training but some form of offline study for improvement of my skills and knowledge.

Having same issue. I have so little time to experiment w mydevice to see what it does beyond scanning. Actually encountered a guest who knew more about it than myself and two other tms. Note to Target: an equipment literate tm is a good thing. Note to readers: I really need some coffee right now so you can provide additional snarks. #hoarding, too clever by half, corporate, ain't got time to bleed and Jeez that was embarrassing. Thanks. :)

More about LOCU, setting up toggling between tasks, POGs!!!, storing and plano storing (???) and stuff like that. I volunteered some hours at another store and was doing Plano. Know how to read the Planogram, gather the equipment (though it took some time to find everything in the new store). But the POG was not set up for the pulls so I had to have the LOD show me the process. If there was a step-by-step on this, that would be so much better. Not something to do while working but something to study off hours. I'll admit that I am new (2.5 months) but with some experience with the PDA and printers from my Sam's Club merchandising experience. But, of course, Target and Sam's are not the same.

There should be some guides on Workbench for the MyDevices. Not sure on the PDAs.

If there was a guide, you wouldn't have time to read it, because you wouldn't be getting your job done. You also wouldn't be allowed to take it home, because that would be considered working off the clock. The best option is to talk to one of your digital assistants (or whatever they are called) and ask them any questions you have.

If there are guides on Workbench for MyDevices and it can be done progressively during meal breaks, I don't see how this would interfere. It might be considered working off the clock, maybe?

If there are guides on Workbench for MyDevices and it can be done progressively during meal breaks, I don't see how this would interfere. It might be considered working off the clock, maybe?
Doing just about anything work related during your meal breaks is working off the clock.

I still have my myDevice starter guide and add to it every time something new is added to the app. I know every detail about the iPod now, but I keep it for new TMs, just in case. I know a good bit about the PDAs as well. If you want you can PM me and I'll get back to you when I can. I'm usually on here everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back