Archived Perks is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the word today. No more Cartwheel perks program. Target was losing too much $ so they pulled it. We had to scrub our (test market) store today of any Perks-type marketing.

Cartwheel still will be a thing with discounts and whatnot but perks are gone. :(

18b.jpg

The deals were too good to be true so I'm not surprised at all.

Well if you sign up for a RC between 5/6 and 5/20 (I believe), you get an extra 10% on that day's purchases.

How soon is this effective? I'm a bit over halfway to a perk and definitely wouldn't mind quickly racking that up and redeeming it. Still shows on my app.

How soon is this effective? I'm a bit over halfway to a perk and definitely wouldn't mind quickly racking that up and redeeming it. Still shows on my app.

Not sure so redeem soon. I'm in the same boat and was really bummed bc I finally got to the 5000 points needed.

I just checked and the perks are still on my cart wheel. I don't really see how Spot is losing that much ( if any) money or cart wheel. For example, I have gotten two free bottles of laundry detergen( iths the perk I chose)t via the perks program. However, to get those two free bottles...I had to spend a combined total of 1000 bucks. So, for each 500 dollars I spent I got a free bottle of laundry detergent. Yes, something free is better than nothing free. But, its not like they are giving away Ipads etc.

They've been doing secret exclusive offers lately. Maybe that is in lieu of the perks? My exlusivrs have been stupid stuff like eggs and orange juice. One of my coworkers had an xhilaration 20% one that I couldn't access last week. Searching and scanning items wouldn't allow me to find that coupon but it existed on her phone, in her account. They show up in that for you section of the app with little seafoam colored "exclusive" banners.

I kinda hate them tbh... Out of jealousy. And because before I realized they were actually personalized/exlusive, I told guests about coupons she told me about. Oops.

I guess it's understandable. These promotions are meant to attract more customers and make more money. If it was making them lose money, pulling it was the right thing to do.

Going to be a LOT of upset guests. I wonder if they'll leave the perks up until the 31st, since thats what they're listed as expiring on.

Otherwise, they just did that reset where they changed the movie/cd/books perks to a single one for $10 off, instead of free under 20. Did that with a few that were causing complaints. Hopefully they won't be pulling it in the end, just a reset before a full roll out.

I'm in a test market store, been off last few days... I guess I'll see tomorrow if we pulled the signage also.

So confirmed by corporate-If you already had perks you get to keep them. Just no new enrollments so don't mention it to a new guest but they can still save money on cartwheel. To those that never got it, Im sorry.

So confirmed by corporate-If you already had perks you get to keep them. Just no new enrollments so don't mention it to a new guest but they can still save money on cartwheel. To those that never got it, Im sorry.
probably only a matter of time before perks go away for everyone.

Yeah...a cashier didn't know about the loss of perks (typical Target spread of critical info to TMs) and told a guest to sign up for it and scan her receipt. It didn't work and so she was sent to GS. Sure enough, the new versions don't have "points" for perks. Glad I get to keep mine though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back