I'm Lost! Picking up shifts

So I have 2 questions.

So I'm in beauty but I'm only getting about 10-15 hrs a week. I need more hours but I dont want to pick up cashier hours right now. My son has a heart condition and I'd rather limit my exposure to other people/money as much as I can. I was looking on the kronos app requests to cover for fulfillment.
1st question. Do I need to do a day of training? Obviously I know what I need to do. I just dont know what comes after. Like where do i take the items or who i give em to.
2nd question. Is there a limit to how many shifts I can pick up? Obviously I'm not gonna pick up enough to where I'm gonna end up doing overtime. But can I pick up enough to be around 35 hrs. And I can I pick up more than one shift in the day like maybe do cashier in the morning (if its 4hrs) and fulfillment in the afternoon. & of course following meal compliance

It’s better to use the swap board in the TSC. My store doesn’t use Kronos to pick/drop shifts. And tbh most of the shifts will be for cashier...

lol swap board we got rid of that years ago (and i still mourn the loss)

we have to ask hr for shifts and then she puts you at the top of the list of who to call when callouts happen

It’s better to use the swap board in the TSC. My store doesn’t use Kronos to pick/drop shifts. And tbh most of the shifts will be for cashier...

We have both. Idk if they are both the same or not. I was under the impression that we have everything in writing and kronos is for last minute changes but I've been told it hardly ever works. It's been working for me so far. So idk.
But I was just looking at the app just to see what else I could see on it.
And i saw the request for fulfillment. That's when I though I could probably take up those shifts instead of only cashier

Talk to the fulfillment TL and/or ETL-GM before requesting to pick up a fulfillment shift. ASANTS and all, but at my store your request would be denied if you didn't do so. We'd need to find the time to train you before you could take the shift and we'd need to be comfortable that you could handle the expected workload without having to unnecessarily pull other TMs or our TL to help you. We're insanely busy with OPUs right now, so another TM able to pick up shifts would be great. But, we don't really have the time to train anyone adequately.

However, your store could probably use help in GM with the push. Letting those leads know that you want to pick up hours, might just put you on the list to of who to talk to when they are looking to add GM hours. And, of course, your store might be different than mine and have no problem with you picking up a fulfillment shift.

Back