Archived "Please stop laughing, this is your review..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add a khaki skirt slit up to the hip & a red blouse with a plunging neckline & you've just described my ETL-HR.
When she asks "CIHYFS?", guys take notice!

Sounds like we have the same model ETL-HR. She has no idea what she is doing though.

Either we've got prototype ETLs or some of you def work at my store....

Add a khaki skirt slit up to the hip & a red blouse with a plunging neckline & you've just described my ETL-HR.
When she asks "CIHYFS?", guys take notice!

hey, dont knock it... my hletl was that way. she was on a register (the good ol' days), and the same guy always went through her line. he eventually learned her name and asked if she was there a lot. they ended up going out and got married a couple of years ago.

I love review time. I don't view it as an actual review. I view it as more of a performance. They have all the lines written and what they are going to say, you can get a pop or a snack before hand as well at ever increasing prices (BTW HR, if you want better reactions to team members, give them from free candy right before a review because it increases the blood sugar level which makes taking bad news easier because the brain has plenty of glucose to grab for those uncertain times). You will laugh, cry, and be degenerated by what comes from the scene. But what makes it truly worthwhile is those rare moments of absolute sincerity like "We just want you to know that we do appreciate all of the things you do for the store behind the scenes that makes the store run smoother."

Honestly, as long as you do your hardest and follow the rules at Target then you are really going to do OK to good. I have done it that way for sevenish years and I've gotten great reviews in all but one year.

But the one line that got me going was when they complimented me on my safety record. That's like recognizing Chernobyl for it's lack of nuclear accidents the last 26 years. In the last month I have had two guest "incidents" that only required one call to the police and I was electrocuted while plugging a TV in. Following best practices doesn't eliminate the risk but just reduces it, luck is still going to place a greater role in what happens than anything else and some people are just incredibly unlucky.

When I worked at Target I got a review with nearly all E's and some O's. The final rating was an IE with a .05 cent raise. The review didn't even bother to mention things that I could've done better. Sometime before and after it I attempted to get promoted to TL. Three times in fact, and lost out all three. I never expected much from Target, but being passed up like that was a huge blow to my self esteem and confidence. After I left the company last year for a high paying position in IT, I was just grateful to get out of that place.

I was promoted and given a 40% raise the first time I tried at my new employer. The interview basically consisted of "I'm so happy you are interested in this position! It's yours".

The only reason I didn't get promoted is because I'm not a cheerleader. I don't BS around the truth. If I have a problem I say so, If a customer is rude or inappropriate I deal with them, I don't take crap from TM's, TL's, or ETL's. Looking back on the time I spent with Spot, I can't help but be angry at the time I wasted.

Don't stress about your reviews at Spot. Better yourselves, and find an employer that respects you for who you are, a human being, not a cost/benefit statistic on a spreadsheet, overhead to be cut, or simply an expense to be minimized.

I am still unable to step foot into a Target. I still wake up sometimes grateful that I don't work there. I won't forget the experience for sure as for the first time in my own life it made me doubt my ability to get the job done no matter how big or small. The anger is too much.

I respect all of you for continuing to work there day after day and deal with the BS that I used to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back