Archived Policy on discussing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a WRITTEN POLICY on instances in which one TM reveals their pay scale to another - even when it was unintended? I looked in the HB and on WB (helpless as it is) and found nothing specific... I realize why TMs shouldn't share pay info but is it an actual policy violation?

Not that I know of..but it would fall under being humble about it one's pay scale because I know it can sometimes be a sensitive topic between fellow co-workers and might degrade one's sense of self-worth because there is many factors effecting wage p/hr etc on both ends

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
No, there is no policy on discussing pay regardless of what anyone in your store will lead you to believe. In fact, it is against federal labor laws for an employer to tell their employees not to discuss pay or other terms of employment.

I would think a team member would be somewhat immature if they got upset over how much another team member made. Get over it. It's survival of the fittest and every human against themselves. You have to be thick skinned to survive working at a hell hole like Target.

Pay raises are so minimal I don't think anyone will be getting jealous. Heck starting wage kept going up as my wage went up so I barely gained anything and I'm almost 10 years in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back