Archived Possibility of getting rehired at some point after getting "let go?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goku

(Former) Cashier
I know this will sound crazy to some, but after being "let go" for a stupid inconvenience on my part, I was wondering if there was any hope in Target taking me back at some point.

I got terminated due to being late and having a few NCNS (to clarify, this was my first job and I had no clue it was terrible!! Definitely understand now )

Despite some of the guests that come by, my overall experience at Target was so nice. It felt like home!! And after interviewing and getting other jobs... Nothing truly compares ☹️

Do you think there is a possibility of me getting rehired at some point? Maybe after they deem I "learned my lesson?" (which tbh I already did.. It was quite a wake up call)

Well, not to come off as rude, but I think it should've been obvious that an NCNS was serious business. The store trusted that you were going to show up, and they waited for you and nothing and that probably led to them being short-staffed, as they probably had to get someone from the floor to cover for you, or had to call someone on their day off to come in and fill in. from what I know, you are probably listed in the system as "non-rehireable" Sorry.

Last edited:
How long ago did you job abandon?

Not all hope is lost but you will likely have to apply at several Targets and see who considers you.

You are definitely listed as non rehireable so no question some Targets will turn you down immediately.

Some Targets (rare) wont check your rehire status and some stores will allow you to try to explain yourself (still an uphill battle). We had someone job abandon our store in December 2015 and apply in November we laughed at his application. We had someone who jon abandoned back in 2008, we gave him a second chance. Time is a factor.

Whats working against you is seasonal hiring will be over soon and Target will get much more strict on who they hire.

Every now and then we have people who post on here about getting paid when they job abandon and some people are like "Who cares if they job abandon, its their business." I would venture to say at least one person every two weeks applies my store reapplies after job abandoning our store or another store.

Lesson folks is dont burn your bridges.

Time is your biggest factor. Personally, I take NCNS very seriously as a leader who's day is heavily influenced by the amount of cashier coverage I have. It doesn't matter if you're the greatest TM in the world if you don't show up you can't show everyone how great you are.

Well, not to come off as rude, but I think it should've been obvious that an NCNS was serious business. The store trusted that you were going to show up, and they waited for you and nothing and that probably led to them being short-staffed, as they probably had to get someone from the floor to cover for you, or had to call someone on their day off to come in and fill in. from what I know, you are probably listed in the system as "non-rehireable" Sorry.
Not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back