Archived Posting on Facebook about Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys ever heard or seen a team member termed for posting on facebook about Spot or even tagging them in the post they were complaining about work?

All I know.. is there is a PR team that reads everything posted on there Facebook page, or anything with the words "Target" (in a post) if your privacy settings aren't entirely on.

We used to have a TM who would go home sick, and then post on FB about looking for somewhere to go out to that night.....and nothing was every done, despite management being well aware of it......

this TM posted a status slamming a TL and tagged spot in the post. Everyone knows about it but ETL-HR is on vacation. I'm interested to see what will happen.

I may, or may not, have gotten somebody fired for blatant harassment on facebook.

Here is my understanding of the rule:
If you post anything about the company in a negative way, or release confidential information you can be disciplined. If you call out sick and you are at home posting about going to a party. They can't do anything.

I think a good rule would be never to post anything on Facebook that you would not say out loud when the stl/etls are listening,if most of us said what we really thought,this would be a breakroom for ex tms.

Most of the time if I mention work on FB I don't say where and it's never anything that bad. I don't badmouth anyone and just try to vent a little. The people I work with know what I'm talking about. I just keep it very vague and don't get into specifics.

Most of the time if I mention work on FB I don't say where and it's never anything that bad. I don't badmouth anyone and just try to vent a little. The people I work with know what I'm talking about. I just keep it very vague and don't get into specifics.

As far as my non-Target Facebook friends are concerned, this is what I pretty much do (although I can't say I vent that much, if at all). In fact, I don't think the majority of my Facebook friends even know I work for Target. Also, if I see any of my Facebook friends mention about Target, good or bad, I just ignore it.

For those Facebook friends who are also my co-workers, I have created a seperate list where I might talk about work, but nothing bad or confidential.

This a thousand times over.

I don't use Facebook for people I'm going to see every day so I don't have anybody from work on my page.
Just simpler that way (and I can rant if need be).

I will never say anything beyond, "that was a rough/busy/crazy day." If you don't want people to know about it, you don't put it on FB, where privacy settings can change in an instant. I have an LOD and a GSTL on my list, and it's fine.

I don't FB, tweet or red360.
I'm a privacy ninja....-o-

i FB and tweet. though my twitter is way off. unless you know me for real, you wouldnt know my twitter was well, mine if you stumbled across it. my FB on the other hand? lol

Someone I know just got in trouble at work for a post on FB. It had nothing to do with Target at all. Just someone saw the post and reported it to Target HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back