Archived Prepping for Reindeer Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just got an email Thursday saying that they want the entire grocery department, chemicals, and paper super zoned and researched by EOD Monday in preparation for Reindeer Run. Talk about short notice, especially since I've been stuck doing my salesplanners this week with little to no help. What are some of your strategies for getting entire departments super zoned in a short period of time. I've been trying to do sections at a time, but I'm so far behind it's scary.

So, I just got an email Thursday saying that they want the entire grocery department, chemicals, and paper super zoned and researched by EOD Monday in preparation for Reindeer Run. Talk about short notice, especially since I've been stuck doing my salesplanners this week with little to no help. What are some of your strategies for getting entire departments super zoned in a short period of time. I've been trying to do sections at a time, but I'm so far behind it's scary.
If you have a monday truck, any zoning you do is going to be messed with anyways, if you can get their help those areas will be super zones anyhow. Hit up the instocks team for research part of things. It just kinda means most of your zoning will happen on monday, plus whatever you get done this weekend. I'd also have an answer for how you'll improve your process in the future. Should things not go well that will be a good thing to have lined up when the question is asked by your dtl.

Our DTL and his boss (GTL?) were in my store recently and I've heard nothing about a holiday readiness walk or anything is the sort that we had last year. Hmmmm.

Loved the reindeer clip!

My old store is getting a pre-visit tomorrow. The store looks great. The backroom? Ho-boy...

Reindeer Run used to be an official Target program. You would do mass prep for the store getting ready then a mob of Group, District and other stores leadership would pour into your store. It was big way to motivate for the 4qt. It was always very positive with lots of candy and recognition. (any problem would be quietly passed on to your STL to fix later as to not ruin the positive vibe) All that would be followed by a bunch of free food and snacks to boost morale while going into the biggest part of the year. Of course that cost money and was good for morale so as Target began its decline it was cancled as an official program. Now some groups or districts still do it but, it is pretty much just a store visit.

Reindeer Run used to be an official Target program. You would do mass prep for the store getting ready then a mob of Group, District and other stores leadership would pour into your store. It was big way to motivate for the 4qt. It was always very positive with lots of candy and recognition. (any problem would be quietly passed on to your STL to fix later as to not ruin the positive vibe) All that would be followed by a bunch of free food and snacks to boost morale while going into the biggest part of the year. Of course that cost money and was good for morale so as Target began its decline it was cancled as an official program. Now some groups or districts still do it but, it is pretty much just a store visit.

Well, a part of this is that the District/Group/Region leadership positions have taken major cuts this last year. You will no longer see "big groups" on visits. The DTL is now the major decision maker, and many positions are doing fewer and fewer visits.

We had a visit from our DTL yesterday. Guessing that's what this was.

Ours is today, and our GTL is doing ours as we no longer have a DTL as of last week. I'm very glad the shenanigans will be gone by the time I get there.

Also, one of our team leads was posting the other day that her daughter was up all night throwing up. Then, last night, she was posting that she got whatever her daughter had and she couldn't keep anything down. She then mentioned right after that that she couldn't call off from work because of the reindeer run. Oh, fabulous...so you can come in and give the rest of us your stomach virus. Somehow, I am not impressed (and hope she is long gone by the time I get there later).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back