Archived Presentation Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new hire in presentation and wanted to know how your team works. Today (8-2pm) the presentation team at my store were only ones on the sales floor. We could barely get any work done due to having to go up for backup and answer phone calls so often!

The worst part is I don't want my team to think that I'm not capable of setting my endcaps in a timely manner. Does anyone else experience this?

Just practice for January. Not normal this time of year, my high volume has at least a few sales floor peeps running around. But there also comes a point where "you're radio dies" cause you have to get shit done.

We could barely get any work done due to having to go up for backup and answer phone calls so often!
Some plano teams start at 4AM, some at 6AM, and apparently now some start at 8AM. Mine starts at 6AM and most of our work gets done from 6 to about 10, when guests start to show up in numbers.

By Noon, depending on where you are in the store, and how few cashiers they have, you may spend all or most of your time not doing plano.

Our district, up until last year, allowed plano to come in at 4am. 6 months ago our DTL made a rule that plano wasnt to come in before 6am except for seasonal sets. Our new STL doesnt want plano coming in before 8am. This is so we have more bodies on the floor for guest assistance. However, our productivity has significantly decreased. Some days you will get literally nothing done. My TL is very understanding, and i think most who have plano experience will be understanding

Im at a ULV store, so my experience may be different than others.

My Plano team is 6am unless it's a heavy set week. Thankfully the pog workload is really low for the next three weeks of December, otherwise we'd really not get our work done with how busy it is lately.

My team is 4a-1230p and they are last resort when it comes to backup cashiering. They do not roam to help guests, but will help if someone asks. Like others have said, it depends on the store and your TLs/ETLs.

I'm beginning to hate Plano. I feel like I'm not productive, our TL wants to get things done, we usually don't do back up since we usually have floor TMs available. I dont know what's going on. I feel like I go in and work from 7am to 3:30 and get nothing accomplished... I think I need another vacation.... We are down a bit of TMs, too. Signing guy left, so our TL took one from us, one has been sick all week. It was only one other POG TM and myself yesterday. And I dont only do POG, I'm responsible for instocks everyday I'm there, too. Sorry, I'm ranting now...

My Plano team just this week had been setting Consumable endcaps and we have been doing overnights to get stuff done. It is definitely not the norm, as we usually come in at 4:00 am, so it really depends if your STL or district gives your team alot of flexibility. My store is close to an AA store.

Just practice for January. Not normal this time of year, my high volume has at least a few sales floor peeps running around. But there also comes a point where "you're radio dies" cause you have to get shit done.

Somehow mine dies whenever they ever need back-up.

Ever.

I wonder how that works.

My store is early morning, not sure on the time, but all I can say for sure is plano really depends on your TL. You will either be the most efficient: My current plano TL has been with the company for 15 years and dear god if we lose her we're fucked. OR the least efficient: the previous plano TL sucked and is the TL that keeps bouncing from position to position for some reason and they won't fire her. Examples: She would consistently just set revisions but never actually DO them. The Physicians Formula end cap and my store reset with Transcend Beauty in March. It didn't ACTUALLY get done until July/August when I was like "okay this is ugly I'm doing this" (before I became brand over there)

Also please dispose of your cardboard and trash instead of leaving them to pile up in front of the baler
Another note on cardboard, PLEASE BREAK DOWN YOUR BOXES DAMMIT. There is never anywhere to put my flattened boxes in my store because all the cardboard cages are full because nobody can be arsed to break down the boxes and it's such a mess it would take forever to find a way to put more in there. Plus, all y'all over-18 TMs can just throw cardboard in the baler (depending on store's SOP) but as a minor I cannot so it is important there be a place for us minors to put our cardboard so we don't get fired over throwing boxes in the baler (My store is extremely strict on minors not being within 5 feet of the baler when in operation and NEVER loading it (there is even a camera staring right at the baler that AP checks).

Also please dispose of your cardboard and trash instead of leaving them to pile up in front of the baler
Another note on cardboard, PLEASE BREAK DOWN YOUR BOXES DAMMIT. There is never anywhere to put my flattened boxes in my store because all the cardboard cages are full because nobody can be arsed to break down the boxes and it's such a mess it would take forever to find a way to put more in there. Plus, all y'all over-18 TMs can just throw cardboard in the baler (depending on store's SOP) but as a minor I cannot so it is important there be a place for us minors to put our cardboard so we don't get fired over throwing boxes in the baler (My store is extremely strict on minors not being within 5 feet of the baler when in operation and NEVER loading it (there is even a camera staring right at the baler that AP checks).
That camera is for the compactor behind the baler to see if people are stealing stuff that should be destroyed. And they are strict due to the huge fines that will bite them in the ass if a minor ends up hurting themselves with the heavy equipment.

Somehow mine dies whenever they ever need back-up.

Ever.

I wonder how that works.

Plano does respond at my store, but only the TL and one or two TMs (I don't think the rest carry walkies because they usually work together in an area). Our chief offenders are the pricing team; they pretty much only back-up if the planets are aligned and the STL demands that they respond.

My team (currently myself and 1-3 other people depending on the day) comes in at 2am along with Flow. We bowl and push toys and seasonal. Truck is usually done by 3:30-4am. After case stock and pulls are finished, we scan outs and research through toys and seasonal. After our EXFs and research batches are pushed, we flex. This process normally takes the entire 8 hours and then some if we have other special projects. One of my TMs is dedicated solely to E&E POGs/REVs on Mondays and Tuesdays, then any other POGs/REVs we have to do afterwards.

YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! My POG team starts coming in at 6am again starting the week of April 13!

Our store just got downgraded and now the POG team doesn't start until 8:00 am. "Thrilled" is one word I wouldn't use to describe their reaction.
We are a ULV store, so I was surprised. Our flow team just got pushed back to 6am again starting next week on the 8th. I'm not sure about pricing though...

Greetings Flashh :)

My Plano Team arrives at 4am. At 6am our batch puller arrives and usually is responsible for pulling and backstocking all POG batches. Our TL comes in at 6am as well. She leaves notes in our drawer of POGs filed by day of the week and label strips can be found in our fixture room or neatly laid out on the desk in clerical.

We have a dedicated person for all salesplanners and revisions, as well. They arrive at 6am.

We used to have a Signing TM who helped set POGs as well, but he's leaving Spot soon.

Greetings Flashh :)

My Plano Team arrives at 4am. At 6am our batch puller arrives and usually is responsible for pulling and backstocking all POG batches. Our TL comes in at 6am as well. She leaves notes in our drawer of POGs filed by day of the week and label strips can be found in our fixture room or neatly laid out on the desk in clerical.

We have a dedicated person for all salesplanners and revisions, as well. They arrive at 6am.

We used to have a Signing TM who helped set POGs as well, but he's leaving Spot soon.
How many people are on your team?

Our store just got downgraded and now the POG team doesn't start until 8:00 am. "Thrilled" is one word I wouldn't use to describe their reaction.

HOW DO THEY EXPECT YOU TO GET STUFF DONE.

LITERALLY WHAT.

IT'LL LOOK LIKE A MESS.

JFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back