Archived Presentation to HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been busting my butt trying to learn what I need to work presentation, and my TL has recognized my efforts by selecting me as a "top-performer". So I'm hoping to keep things going well. But, I'd really rather work more regular hours (9-5, during the day), and with my background, I was just wondering if it's possible to go from O/N presentation to HR.If so, would it be better to wait until I have 90 days under my belt before I start asking about opportunities to cross train and/or work with HR?Oh, one other question, how important are GTCs in evaluations for TMs on overnight?Thanks in advance for answers/advice.

Plano Top Performer? Keep it up and you won't be changing workcenters. You'll be too valuable to the PTL to change workcenters.

Since when did HR work 9 to 5 on weekdays? lol We have an HR person 24-7. Even the HR TMs who don't work overnight work anywhere from 6 am to 11 pm.

Our (only) HRTM works 7:30am to 4pm Monday through Friday when there are 40 hours available for her. When there aren't 40 hr hours available, she does flow in the morning for a few hours to supplement.

Thanks for the warning NOP, I guess I should start letting incompetency shine after my 90 days. LOL. But sticking with Plano wouldn't be a bad thing for me, I rather like the work, and being overnight is a plus too, as I'm not really good at warm and fuzzy guest relations stuff.Actually, if I can get some HR experience, I wouldn't necessarily stay at Spot. It's just that Spot's the best opportunity for me to get my foot into HR at the moment. From what I've read on this board, my chances of getting an ETL position are essentially nil with the reductions in headcount at that level, added with the fact that I'm a TM. Not to mention the fact that all my prior work experience was unrelated to retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back