Archived Price Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while, I've been trying to troubleshoot the accuracy piece of PA. We keep hovering yellow (but to try to look on the bright side, we're doing better than the district, group, region, and company average.) Does anybody out there know a trick to get this green? I have this feeling part of it is because instocks hasn't been able to shoot our whole store in a very long time... but how can I get around that? I'm gonna lose my hair over this stupid number

I don't know if this would help a lot with it but at my store the PATL has the operator announcing to the LOD and TLOD at 11a and 4p each day to do the PCV report so that it's always done before its due. Supposedly this has helped my store quite a bit

For a while, I've been trying to troubleshoot the accuracy piece of PA. We keep hovering yellow (but to try to look on the bright side, we're doing better than the district, group, region, and company average.) Does anybody out there know a trick to get this green? I have this feeling part of it is because instocks hasn't been able to shoot our whole store in a very long time... but how can I get around that? I'm gonna lose my hair over this stupid number

I've struggled with accuracy too. Been working at it for a year, then we were green for about 3 months after our inventory where we had MULTIPLE pallets of salvage come out. but recently were struggling again. I'm going aggressive with zone issues, and trying to run the empty location report from the back room, but haven't had much time to do anything due to a remodel currently going on in our store. Good Luck..... P.S. I've already lost my hair.

Also, a large part of PA score comes from signing compliance, so you may have to dig into that as well to get your overall score solid.

Also, a large part of PA score comes from signing compliance, so you may have to dig into that as well to get your overall score solid.

You are right! All three categories of the total price accuracy score are crucial (accuracy, signing compliance, comp shop), believe it or not Price Challenge does't count (YET!) into the total accuracy score. Think the original poster is trying to diagnose the Accuracy part of the score. I think?

Being a PATL myself, the advise I can give you is to communicate with every team lead and LOD about clearance, zone, and pulls. Keep a watch on your On-Hand counts and if you see that there is a great deal missing, partner with the backroom tl and walk steel side and light duty together checking for anything that may be unlocated. Another thing is every Tuesday, partner with the backroom tl about the item merge repot and follow up that it is being completed weekly...print out a copy for yourself incase it is not done as per best practice. I also champion the empty location audits, following up with every tl and etl who are assigned an aisle that it is being done, and that any clearance is brought to be marked.

Being a PATL myself, the advise I can give you is to communicate with every team lead and LOD about clearance, zone, and pulls. Keep a watch on your On-Hand counts and if you see that there is a great deal missing, partner with the backroom tl and walk steel side and light duty together checking for anything that may be unlocated. Another thing is every Tuesday, partner with the backroom tl about the item merge repot and follow up that it is being completed weekly...print out a copy for yourself incase it is not done as per best practice. I also champion the empty location audits, following up with every tl and etl who are assigned an aisle that it is being done, and that any clearance is brought to be marked.

Great answer!
Welcome!
By chance, can you do a guide for pricing?
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/92

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate actually all of the advise! My boss told me yesterday to pretty much lay off the PCV since it weighs nothing. So now I've got to really put my nose to the ground about this stupid accuracy issue. To be honest- I think that accuracy and PCV weights should be switched, but that's just me! I'll give heads up, if I get above water

PCV is Price Challenge Verification. Not sure what all it entails, but it's a report that someone, usually a GSA or GSTL walks and checks items that were price-changed at the register from the day before. I think! Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

PCV is generated whenever an item's price is changed (usually at point of sale). Whenever the cashier changes the price, the system asks if it's because a) raincheck b) guest challenge (over a certain $$ amt is usually approved by GSTL) c) ad substitute or d) damaged. When the report comes out, it's up to (usually) the TLs to go through & verify the reasons for the price adjustments, be it old ads left up, dinged/scratched/missing pieces, signed improperly, last min substitution, etc. If unable to verify or if a pattern develops, AP usually investigates. We once had a cashier termed after giving friends & family steep discounts on merch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back