Archived Price Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just trying to get some insight on the price accuracy percentage. I'm the PATL and am really trying to put some focus on the actually Accuracy %. Every store in my district is red/yellow, and I was wondering if anyone had tips or tricks for increasing percentage, or what works best?

I've been on pricing as a TM for over 5 years at a B volume store. We are almost always green. So hopefully my input can help.

Our HLTL's really try to keep us informed on where stuff is flexed. I think that helps us a lot. I also try to convince TM's who are doing sales planners/resetting to back stock discontinued instead of flex (on the sly. : p haha) so I don't have to go on a wild hunt to find it.

I work with one other team mate and we keep each other updated when certain high counts are located in weird places if only one of us worked that day.

We do poorly on accuracy if there's a lot of SL reshop. There's not much we can do about it. It's frustrating knowing tons of eaches are sitting in the carts waiting to be sorted but we never go through them. We don't waste the time. We do scan z racks though.

At our store swim suits counts are so off it's almost impossible to get green accuracy in rtw. I think a lot get stolen. So we never keep our expectations too high there.

If the description is kinda vague and it doesn't show/have an image I still try looking it up online- it usually has a better description (EX- it'll tell you the color or pattern) and has helped us find stuff! If your store uses pda's instead of mydevices type the dpci into the price checker- it'll bring up a longer description too.

I've been on pricing as a TM for over 5 years at a B volume store. We are almost always green. So hopefully my input can help.

Our HLTL's really try to keep us informed on where stuff is flexed. I think that helps us a lot. I also try to convince TM's who are doing sales planners/resetting to back stock discontinued instead of flex (on the sly. : p haha) so I don't have to go on a wild hunt to find it.

I work with one other team mate and we keep each other updated when certain high counts are located in weird places if only one of us worked that day.

We do poorly on accuracy if there's a lot of SL reshop. There's not much we can do about it. It's frustrating knowing tons of eaches are sitting in the carts waiting to be sorted but we never go through them. We don't waste the time. We do scan z racks though.

At our store swim suits counts are so off it's almost impossible to get green accuracy in rtw. I think a lot get stolen. So we never keep our expectations too high there.

If the description is kinda vague and it doesn't show/have an image I still try looking it up online- it usually has a better description (EX- it'll tell you the color or pattern) and has helped us find stuff! If your store uses pda's instead of mydevices type the dpci into the price checker- it'll bring up a longer description too.

Keep in mind if you back stock decode, it increases the workload of Price Change since there are more items to mark down, instead of the items having a selling opportunity on the sales floor, this also at a higher profit margin.

But definitely communication with the department TLs is key so that way you know where things are when they pull all their decode.

There isn't a whole lot that can be done about softlines without adding payroll aside from smart huddling all the softlines re-shop.

In hardlines, the TL(s) should own the PTM process in their areas. Ideally, all items should be clearly labeled and all NOP items should be store tied (as @JimmyTarget suggested).

Keep in mind if you back stock decode, it increases the workload of Price Change since there are more items to mark down, instead of the items having a selling opportunity on the sales floor, this also at a higher profit margin.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We are finding a lot of on hands are off (mostly on tables in SL), and unfortunately my HLTLs and SLTLs don't give a sh*t about anything that doesn't relate immediately back to them. Right now the only TLs I can even communicate wth are my BRTL and VML. I have 1 core PATM who also does softlines tables, so I feel bad constantly pulling her. My newer TMs don't understand how scores affect us. Of course literally no one in my store knows anything about pricing.

We are finding a lot of on hands are off (mostly on tables in SL), and unfortunately my HLTLs and SLTLs don't give a sh*t about anything that doesn't relate immediately back to them. Right now the only TLs I can even communicate wth are my BRTL and VML. I have 1 core PATM who also does softlines tables, so I feel bad constantly pulling her. My newer TMs don't understand how scores affect us. Of course literally no one in my store knows anything about pricing.
I make my hl team help out on the tables. We are not good at it. But, looks better than nothing. 5 mins on a table is something.

Hey guys, just trying to get some insight on the price accuracy percentage. I'm the PATL and am really trying to put some focus on the actually Accuracy %. Every store in my district is red/yellow, and I was wondering if anyone had tips or tricks for increasing percentage, or what works best?

Achieving a green price accuracy score Is really a storewide process. It is difficult if you can't get people to cooperate with you.

First off you need to make sure your counts are right. If your counts aren't good, you aren't going to have good accuracy. One time we had a freak accident where it said we had 1,000 of a onesie.. we found out if you tie that dpci to a location, and then research it, the count will update.. BEFORE the item goes clearance.. otherwise you are out of luck.

Partner with the softlines TL and see if they can run the abandons for the department you will be in the night before. Or at least give it a good zone.

My store just backstocks dcode. Yes, it increase the pricing workload but it makes it easier to find everything. Instead of a random tm throwing it on a similar peg and then it getting shuffled to god knows where whenever someone actually zones right.

Does your team push your clearance? My STL tacks a few hours onto the schedule and we push everything that way we know where the clearance winds up. It really helps us find everything.

My store was green 90% of the time before the mydevice. Now we are green 60% of the time. Even when we are yellow we are still higher than over 70% of my district.

You should go into your reports on myperformance, and break your scores down by division to find out your problem areas. Are you red in a majority of softlines areas or hardines areas? Then you go from there. If you are red in RTW, speak with the team lead and see if there's anything they can do. (Zone ahead of your team, complete all the abandons the night before). If you're red in hardlines make sure they're not flexing like crazy, and if they are they need to be tying things. They just did an update to where you can tie an item to any section without breaking the POG tied to that section now. There should be no excuse not to.

You can also hit the shift key and then the right arrow. Then repeat the keystrokes and it will scroll the screen to the right. You can do this and read the whole description on the pda if it cuts off.

Last edited:
Also on your clearance endcaps should have a system and do be militant about it. You shouldn't be finding HBA stuff on a domestics clearance end cap. One thing our PA team has every right to harp on. And salesfloor needs put unmarked clearance in your bins(Guest service), even soft lines if they have a cart that could be just clearance it might help on your days where you scan through the fitting room. Or you may need to bite the bullet.

also try to convince TM's who are doing sales planners/resetting to back stock discontinued instead of flex (on the sly. : p haha) so I don't have to go on a wild hunt to find it.
Yeah, to everyone reading this, don't do this. Not only does this force Backroom TMs to manually pull it by referencing the tedious Backroom detail report, in the event we don't get it pulled, the closing TM get's fucked over with a shitton of Price change thus setting back the unload team because the line isn't set and all the carts are being used for dis price change. It's better to flex them out at full price than to let them take up room in the back

Yeah, to everyone reading this, don't do this. Not only does this force Backroom TMs to manually pull it by referencing the tedious Backroom detail report, in the event we don't get it pulled, the closing TM get's fucked over with a shitton of Price change thus setting back the unload team because the line isn't set and all the carts are being used for dis price change. It's better to flex them out at full price than to let them take up room in the back

The only time my backroom ever uses the report to pull dcode is when they are running out of room, which never happens. If you have THAT much price change it should be palletized anyway.. you are completely exaggerating about it. I know most stores are adamant about flexing out dcode but unless you tie the item to a place that makes sense and clearly label it (who seriously does that anymore..) you are doing just as much damage to the salesfloor/price change team as a few items sitting in the backroom for a week or two until they go clearance.

Thanks! I've been communicating all these ideas to my team. I have a SL TM who does all tables and adjacencies, who's also a pricing TM so she's been helping focus on tables. We also have a SPLS TM who only sets and maps SPLS and has been helping focus on disco from there. I also got with my STL and ETL about tying and they said that's fine. Today we had 3 pallets of toys price change which SUCKED. I feel bad I've been in this position for a year and this point and am just now comfortable enough with presentation that I can focus on digging into price accuracy. I started looking into reports, strangely enough we are red in bakery... Which is so weird. And mostly SL departments for the year. My STL doesn't want us worried about that too much with the new FRID process coming out. She hopes that will make life 100x easier and more accurate. Today I encountered 2 boxes of mspks in the back room workload. One on the floor (that couldn't be fixed because it was too late) and the BRTM last night "pulled" clearance from the back room location, but actually pulled out the wrong box. So he left the clearance in the location and pulled an active product. Luckily my PATM questioned it and went to look. Sure enough, the price change box was there. I'm very happy that my ETL is pushing this too, so that other SFTL will be responsible for their workload. Literally all they have to do is zone and push PTM. We have a TM that does adjacencies and one that does SPLS.

The only time my backroom ever uses the report to pull dcode is when they are running out of room, which never happens. If you have THAT much price change it should be palletized anyway.. you are completely exaggerating about it. I know most stores are adamant about flexing out dcode but unless you tie the item to a place that makes sense and clearly label it (who seriously does that anymore..) you are doing just as much damage to the salesfloor/price change team as a few items sitting in the backroom for a week or two until they go clearance.

This might be a dumb question, but items without locations are most likely dcode?

When I first started and spent more time in hardlines I'd find items without a location and when I asked people what to do with it no one seemed to know. Most people would tell me to backstock it, but their reason for backstocking it was just because they didn't know what to do with it. A few people told me to flex out the item. I don't think I ever got an official answer and even TL and above would tell me different things to do with items without a location. I don't know if those items were discounted or not, but if items without a location are more likely dcode then things just started to make more sense.

This might be a dumb question, but items without locations are most likely dcode?

When I first started and spent more time in hardlines I'd find items without a location and when I asked people what to do with it no one seemed to know. Most people would tell me to backstock it, but their reason for backstocking it was just because they didn't know what to do with it. A few people told me to flex out the item. I don't think I ever got an official answer and even TL and above would tell me different things to do with items without a location. I don't know if those items were discounted or not, but if items without a location are more likely dcode then things just started to make more sense.
We do a store tie to a similar location & commicate to the team, hey this is d-code, please sell it first. Pricing finds the d-code item for price change under a store tie easier. Also, it is on the floor for guests to buy it, as oppose being in the backroom collecting dust.

I am also just getting Plano situated to where I can focus on pricing more. I took over both pricing and pog right before the mydevices rolled out for pricing. My scores prior to that and the rest of my district were solid green. Since the mydevices the district as a whole has been down with a few stores able to be green every so often but not as consistent as before.

One thing that I have always been told since being target for the last 13 years is the price accuracy score is an indicator of how well your store process are running. If your truck process is broken, miss picks aren't handled, research and instocks are off, returns qmos and charge backs not done properly this will all impact the price accuracy score.

I've been implanting myself into the workload more making sure that my new team members are comfortable enough to problem solve issues they find on the spot. Making sure they understand how navigate the mydevices correctly was an issue I encountered with my 2 veteran team members when the switch from PDAs took place and even now sometimes they confuse themselves. One big thing I found is when pricing was falling behind the team members who were trying to help didnt know how to ticket correctly. I have since personally cross trained the support helpers who are split half flow half support for Plano/price since the workload fluctuates and we are a lower volume store.

Softlines I have found most of my issues have been the zone and items counts are just completely off and no where to be found. Table items are normally ok and counts correct but the hanging is where I am always missing product and going through the departments searching is time consuming.

For hardlines my biggest issue I'm finding is shippers missing then found later with product filled that is now clearance after the first markdowns already took place. Location accuracy is improving in the back and flushing out stuff that has been sitting out of location. Cosmetics is always a pain in the butt because of zoning, off counts and shortage.

Aside from process issues I think for those of us who have both price change and pog spending time with the pricing team, following up and working along side them makes the biggest difference. Pog can be very involved with the planning and execution and the price team can feel even though they may not say it neglected and put on the side burner. I feel that when I ticket with them (like in patio,toys, and shoes this week where the workload was huge) I feel like they see that I do understand the issues they find and they work faster and are focused more on being detailed.

This week I fucking hated de-trashing and ticketing the stack flat and patio items that came out of the back room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back