Price adjustment

So a guest brought me their receipt and said she was over charged for an item . So I did the price adjustment and when I hit total button, the difference was $0.23. The register actually gave me the option of putting the $0.23 back on her card. So I asked her do u want it back on your card or cash(lol). She said "cash". Wow. When she walked away, I swear she acted like I just gave her A million dollars. What a weirdo.... lol.

Why can people with ebt get free bags but someone paying $752 can't get 2 free bags.

Why can people with ebt get free bags but someone paying $752 can't get 2 free bags.
Just.. yikes to this comment. I don’t post here, just a daily lurker, but I feel like I have to address this. People paying with EBT cannot afford food; for their children, themselves, their family. They get free bags because sometimes, they literally cannot afford to pay the $.10/bag to carry their groceries out. If guests are coming to Target to spend $752, they can afford a few dimes to pay for bags.
Additionally, if you’re in CA, this exception to the bag charge for EBT guests is written directly into the legislation. All retailers are prohibited from charging EBT/WIC guests the bag fee, and are required to do so in all other cases. Disclaimer that I can’t speak for any other states, I just know the law which applies directly to myself and my home store.

Just.. yikes to this comment. I don’t post here, just a daily lurker, but I feel like I have to address this. People paying with EBT cannot afford food; for their children, themselves, their family. They get free bags because sometimes, they literally cannot afford to pay the $.10/bag to carry their groceries out. If guests are coming to Target to spend $752, they can afford a few dimes to pay for bags.
Additionally, if you’re in CA, this exception to the bag charge for EBT guests is written directly into the legislation. All retailers are prohibited from charging EBT/WIC guests the bag fee, and are required to do so in all other cases. Disclaimer that I can’t speak for any other states, I just know the law which applies directly to myself and my home store.
I know this. I have ebt as well. . Point being "bags should be free". Wtf is 10¢ doesn't make sense. Never has

I know this. I have ebt as well. . Point being "bags should be free". Wtf is 10¢ doesn't make sense. Never has
It's to discourage bag use. Plastic is pretty rough on the environment, so convincing each person to use (random) 2 less bags each trip is a pretty big ripple effect, when you multiply by number of households and number of shopping trips.

Yeah, the bag charge is to discourage plastic bag use, but I prefer the "give a $.05 discount for reusable bags" that Targets in MN have.

I'd be annoyed by a bag fee mostly because I'd be forced to buy trash bags for the 6 small trash cans we have in the house. I don't get people who don't re-use bags to death or find some other use for them. I mostly use reusable bags when I shop, but forget sometimes and my husband forgets all the time, so we have an ample supply of trash bags. We also donate them (and excess paper bags) to a local food shelf when they put out the call that they need bags.

I wish the discount for reusable bags was a little higher than $.05 because if they are charging $.10 for example and you only save $.05 by bringing your own that isn’t that fair. Should be at least $.10 for bringing a reusable bag and I’d argue maybe even a little more

What if they just limited Baga to 2 or. 3 allowed per. Transaction. Then even bag snobs couldn't just buy as many as it takes

I just think the fine for bags should be more. Then people wouldn't be so easy to buy them every time

Well where I am we don’t charge for bags but I would love to see a larger incentive for people to use reusable bags.. I almost never give a bag discount because people don’t care and will just take the plastic for even one item.

Back