Archived Price Change Improvements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearanceMaster

Price Accuracy TM
So my ETL-GE just told us that we are like 250 in all of the 1800 Target stores for accuracy. He says that is great, but he wants to see us in the 100s.. I gave him a wooooo sounds good and he smiled and told me he was serious.

I told him that the only way Price Accuracy will be GREAT we need everyones help...

1. flow team overstocks and it winds up everywhere... 3 shelves down, 2 sections over.. they are horrible and are getting fired left and right and its still not improving.. and it seems like they can't read a casepack label and are just looking for the merch. on the floor cause the low sodium veggies are mixed with the regular veggies and the vanilla pudding is mixed with the banana pudding..
2. hardlines wont zone our clearance endcaps because they cant zone the whole store if they do.
3. our counts are so screwed because instocks cant find merchandise because of #1.

Its crazy for overall store operations we are still really high in our group but the store is just getting worse and worse..

How do I approach voicing my concerns to him as why we won't be in the top 200 without seeming too negative? I used to have another position and would not get promoted no matter how hard I tried. My old STL hated me and said I was too negative.. My new STL loves me and cant see what she was talking about. She was a bitter little bitty but lets not go there..

We have spoken to the respective TLs and tried to make our problems known.. We used to be #1 YTD and Weekly for about 2 months. Now we are like #8 YTD and we average about 20 out of 60 something a week..

Also our LODs cant seem to get it in their mind that the PCV needs done and when we are only scheduled 16 hours to do 3300 tickets in Shoes, Performance, Intimates, Toys, Sporting Goods and Housewares/Dec. Home that we do not have time to do it ourselves! Our Operator tells them and then reminds them 30 minutes later if they don't tell her its complete.. Why can they not get their butts out of clerical and help us!!

Sorry this was more of a rant then a question..
Any suggestions on how to approach an LOD without seeming negative or what we can do to make it better?

First off, whatever you do, do NOT approach your ETL or STL saying you won't be in the top 200 - no matter how you phrase it, they will see you as being negative. You need to approach them saying that you are striving to be in the 100s, and it may take a little bit of time before we do so, but with the help of everyone in the store, especially since all store operations affect Price Accuracy (both in good ways and bad), you are going to do your best to rise in the rankings. If you say it's not going to happen, then right there they may feel that you're not Driving for Results (I've seen it in my store, so I'm just saying what could happen). What I feel as though Leadership wants from you is to try and make a game plan and collaborate with your peers. Here's a few recommendations that I would use:

1. Partner with your ETL-Log with your concerns about the over-push in the area, but first see if the aisle is PTM - if it is, then they are allowed to flex.

2. Collaborate with your peers as to how clearance could be maintained better - is there any way that a clearance aisle or valley could be created? I do this, especially when Decorative Home, Domestics, and Toys have heavy markdowns - it clears off the endcaps for new sales planners and all clearance for the area is now in one place, and as Plano comes in and sets aisles, they can use the aisle(s) to place any residual clearance.

3. Partner with your Instocks TL that PTMs are being dropped, pulled, pushed, and if necessary, re-labeled so that there is less merchandise in the Backroom to be ticketed and more on the floor that could potentially sell at regular price (drive those profitable sales). Another reason that PTMs must be done is if there are items which are going clearance sitting in a PTM batch waiting to be pulled, then they will NOT drop into the Price Change batch to be pulled.

4. E-mail all of the ETLs and STL as to what your workload is like the next day and if there's a possibility that you may need additional help, this way if you ask, they aren't surprised and could possibly already have someone in mind to help you. In that e-mail, include where you will be working, which area(s) will be the heaviest, and if there could be a zone in the aisles which you will be ticketing clearance. Include also if there is any clearance in the back which needs to be pushed so you're not searching for it later on when it takes an additional markdown.

5. Make sure that your team doesn't have "blinders" on and isn't just checking the planogrammed location for an item - if the aisle is PTM, then there's a good chance that it's flexed and could be anywhere in that aisle. They should be checking all of the shelves, especially if the On-Hand count isn't what it should be in the home location.

6. When clearance is being pushed, instead of just pushing it all to the clearance endcap, whoever is pushing it should try and get it in the home location first, with residual clearance going to the endcaps.

7. If you've ticketed the sales floor and backroom and still feel as though you are missing items, then check the Backroom Detail report to see if anything was backstocked - clearance shouldn't get backstocked (unless it's a TV which has a display up on the wall or Infant Furniture). If you don't see any come up, then pull up the Empty Location Report for the respective aisles for merchandise going clearance and see if any is unlocated.

8. Make sure that the Item Merges are being completed by the Backroom every Tuesday.

That's all that I can think of right now, but if I can think of more, I'll post it.

I have pulled up the backroom report.. but have no clue on how to use it! and where is the empty location report?

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to wait for the scores to update Monday and then I will start my magic.

When you pull up the Detail Report, you have the option to "Sort by Status." This will bring all of the clearance items to the top of the page, followed by D-coded, and then Active merchandise. When looking for the Empty Location Report, begin as you would with pulling up the Detail Report, but instead of choosing to see all items which are backstocked, select "Empty Location." To use the Empty Location Report, first print it out, then go to the locations listed, and verify that the locations which are supposed to be empty are legit. To use the full Detail Report, once you Sort by Status, only print out the page(s) which show a M (markdown) or S (store clearance or sometimes salvage). Go to those locations, pull the items, and then ticket them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back