Archived Price Change rant #9,723

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Instocks, who can't do their job at all without a MyDevice. Unlike Pricing and Plano, Instocks does not have the option of using a PDA if one is available, as their apps have been removed from the PDAs.

Sorry about that. I'm just so used to seeing our Instocks team acting as glorified backroom TMs and pulling flexes for their whole shift because they can only get working MyDevices one or two days out of the week. True story.

I know it's tempting to just blame the flow team when you come in at 8 and all the myDevices are gone and you end up getting one from a flow TM... But what's likely happening is there are hardly any devices there in the first place when the morning TMs come in. If there are 20 empty charging slots, it's not like Flow is using all 20. They may be using just 5, while 10 were long ago lost or stolen and 5 more have been hidden by other TMs.

Sorry about that. I'm just so used to seeing our Instocks team acting as glorified backroom TMs and pulling flexes for their whole shift because they can only get working MyDevices one or two days out of the week. True story.

I don't think our Instocks team shot all of November and December

I know it's tempting to just blame the flow team when you come in at 8 and all the myDevices are gone and you end up getting one from a flow TM... But what's likely happening is there are hardly any devices there in the first place when the morning TMs come in. If there are 20 empty charging slots, it's not like Flow is using all 20. They may be using just 5, while 10 were long ago lost or stolen and 5 more have been hidden by other TMs.
Until you pull the report...and the lod had one, log-etl had one and two for pricing, two for Plano, all the rest flow/backroom. I don't complain till I check the report. But it's always the same.

In MY store, flow is using more than they are allowed. 4 go to flow, 4 to hl, 2 to softlines, 4 to Instocks, 4 to pricing, 4 to pog, 4 to food, Etc etc. they take them ALL except what the pog team gets their hands on coming in at the same time.

And I think it's BS that everyday I'm the only one opening Hardlines, and everyday the flow team uses all the my devices for my team. They're signing them out because the log tl makes them, but when I go to him saying I need a my device cause his team took them all, he says his team needs them and walks off.

Last edited:
In MY store, flow is using more than they are allowed. 4 go to flow, 4 to hl, 2 to softlines, 4 to Instocks, 4 to pricing, 4 to pog, 4 to food, Etc etc. they take them ALL except what the pog team gets their hands on coming in at the same time.

And I think it's BS that everyday I'm the only one opening Hardlines, and everyday the flow team uses all the my devices for my team. They're signing them out because the log tl makes them, but when I go to him saying I need a my device cause his team took them all, he says his team needs them and walks off.

You're a HLTM. Do you really need them? Most HLTMs in my store just do backup and reshop. Flow is there on the floor until 230 so they also help guest.

You're a HLTM. Do you really need them? Most HLTMs in my store just do backup and reshop. Flow is there on the floor until 230 so they also help guest.
Only a very few of our flow team members would ever help a guest...and those are the ones who have been there long enough that they are using the truck to supplement their hours.

Most morning tms in my store do more than reshop and backup. We scan outs (some do in my store), fill the floor, help guest, build endcaps, do CAF, backstock their own CAF ( some do) and 4x4. This is for my store. If you know your area well, you don't really need a mydevice to help a guest. You'll know where the product is. If the guest needs something from a different department, use the walkie. To pull something from the back for a guest, ask backroom or ask someone with an equipment to do it for you.

Market flow tms at my store doesn't use any equipment. They know where stuff is, or rhey use the price scanners to find the locations. They also push to the endcaps and promo but not much to seasonal.

Morning tms do more than reshop and backup. We scan outs (some do in my store), fill the floor, help guest, build endcaps, do CAF, backstock their own CAF ( some do) and 4x4. This is for my store. If you know your area well, you don't really need a mydevice to help a guest. You'll know where the product is. If the guest needs something from a different department, use the walkie. To pull something from the back for a guest, ask backroom or ask someone with an equipment to do it for you.

Market flow tms at my store doesn't use any equipment. They know where stuff is, or rhey use the price scanners to find the locations. They also push to the endcaps and promo but not much to seasonal.
Are you in a low volume store?

In my store BR bactstocks and pulls cags. TLs do endcaps or plano. Instocks scans outs.

I don't really know. We have a 9 ETLs including AP and about 15 TLs anf 3 SrTLs. TLs in my store also build endcaps but it's mostly tms. Instocks scans outs but mostly RIGs but they also build endcaps and pull their endcaps's stuff. They help out in other areas well. I have seen them pull their research batches which we also do. Backroom mostly do sfs and pull and backstock CAFs. When I say backstock our CAF, I was mostly talking about market. Our ETL wants us to backstock our own as much as possible. If not, then leave it for backroom. So everytime I would pusf CAF, i would push 1 cart and backstock before I get a new cart.

Yes. There are a lot of different types of store volumes.
From our wiki:
Store Volume

Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less
ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.

Last edited:
None of the leaders at my store have any idea how long the days workload should take based off the numbers. They will over schedule on days where we would be fine with 1 person, and under schedule on days where we should have 5 people but its only two of us. I have done pricing for 2 years now, so I am pretty fast and our pricing team only consists of 2 regular people and a they will throw in another person or two from other workcenters when we need help. I can totally see why you guys would be behind, but the matter of the fact is as long as you are trying your best and doing 100-120 tickets per hour that is all you can do. If the stuff doesnt get done, let the ETLS worry about it. I can count a few times that I seriously just had no choice but to skip certain areas some times and just clear the tickets out. Since I have been doing this so long, I have a pretty good idea of what I can skip and get away with. But don't stress! Pricing is heavy right now but it is not like this all the time
Sorry as the PPTL I'd be pissed at my team if they skiped a Dept . I'm pretty good at judging how long it will take to get the work load completed. We rarely fall behind.

Sorry as the PPTL I'd be pissed at my team if they skiped a Dept . I'm pretty good at judging how long it will take to get the work load completed. We rarely fall behind.

Well good for you for giving your team the correct amount of people. Unfortunately not every store cares or is willing to do so.

Last edited:
Well good for you for giving your team the correct amount of people. Unfortunately not every store cares or is willing to do so.
Shipping an area is creating an artificial success rate. How long till they catch on and act on it? I can see clearing out the strays in a dept, but not a whole dept...
As a salesfloor tm it is part of our core roles to carry and know how to use a pda/lpda/mydevice and walkie. It is not for flow, despite having to help guests. Sometimes flow helping guests is simply bringing them to a sftm. The reality is they were never intended for flow or backroom.

I am a brand lead and previous ETL. I set sales plans, ptm aisles, rsch, purge the backroom, etc etc, etc, etc, etc. my store is a low volume supert. My store is allowed to have 1 Hltl. Same goes for softlines. 1 tl, and 2 brand leads who set adjacencies, shoe pogs, etc.

I being 1 of only 2 people in Hardlines dayside w no one in electronics til 10am, need a my device because I answer EVERY Hardlines call. On my hltl day off and closing night, I'm scheduled alone.

We don't even need 4 Hardlines my devices, so the fact that I can't even get 1 is pathetic.

My flow team does not help guests. They don't look up and give guests eye contact. And they don't wear walkies so they don't respond to ANYTHING. They can be 1 aisle away from a guest at an endyme, and completely ignore the person "because it's not their job".

Last edited:
This so much!!

Can I just add how absolutely infuriating it is to work operator and not have a mydevice? Then you have to farm out all your calls to other departments. Oh wait, no you can't, because then you find out they aren't responding or are having a hard time because flow has all of their walkies/devices too.

My favorite was when I opened as operator and had no walkie/device. Then, when I finally got one I found out electronics didn't have a walkie or my device since no one would give them up. This was literally three days before Christmas and I was yelling across the floor hoping my electronics TM would hear her calls.

ETLs are completely useless on this too. I once only asked for a mydevice every time and LOD came around. Didn't matter what he was there for, that was my only spiteful response. Somehow, I still didn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back